Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

That first 45 minutes demonstrated why as many of this squad need moving on as possible. Hopefully when we survive we don't get any ideas about these players now coming good. They've been dragged through by the fans and some incredibly basic but effective football.

The players look tired to me, in the mind and in the legs, poor touches in the final 3rd letting us down. Problem is we don’t really have players to bring on who can improve things. Luckily for us so far they haven’t offered too much and Leeds are losing 0-1, down to 10 men and have had a player go off injured.

I've said it before, there are so few options for him to pick out. He must look up and see one blue shirt surrounded by 3 or 4 in yellow.
Mostly true. But the 4v2 was a really, really poor play from a Gordon. Did all the hard work but couldn’t put it on a plate for richt to tap in

I think I noticed a slight switch at the end there, Coleman seemed to have moved over to RB, but it was only brief, so we shall see.
Yeah, same, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the eleven the finished the half started the next. But we need to be a bit higher up the pitch and have an extra body in midfield, it's clear to me that the manager doesn't trust the players for the full 90 minutes but is hoping to smash and grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.