Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Sigh) it’s a colon, not a dash. The first sentence should be in speech marks. The last sentence appears to imply certainty, (of which there are only death and taxes), hence it should be prefaced by “I believe”.
Must do better Jeffrey.
Pedantic, Jimmy. Just admit your error.

I know Toffee TV isn't especially popular around here... but did anyone else see their Last Word video that was posted yesterday? They had Mountfield on and it was a decent listen.

Martinez was great first season cause the team where still playing with the defensive organisation of Moyes and Martinez added a bit of flare. But it soon went down the pan.

Not true! Of course Martinez inherited the squad that Moyes left behind. But he added two new defensive players, Barry and McCarthy.

Second, Martinez introduced his own style of play. He relied on the fullbacks, Baines and, even more so, Coleman to attack down the wings and cross the ball. Barry or McCarthy would then drop back to maintain a back four.

It worked wonderfully well that first season - The School of Science is on the way back! The next season, opponents learned to press the back four and make it difficult to play out from the back. Martinez proved unable to overcome this.

Everton 2012/13 Moyes Finished 6 38 16 15 07 55 40 +15 63

And Martinez bought a centre forward too. Scored more and conceded less!

Everton 2013/14 Martinez Finished 5 38 21 09 08 61 39 +22 72

But it has been a sadly downhill trend since then.

Not true! Of course Martinez inherited the squad that Moyes left behind. But he added two new defensive players, Barry and McCarthy.

Second, Martinez introduced his own style of play. He relied on the fullbacks, Baines and, even more so, Coleman to attack down the wings and cross the ball. Barry or McCarthy would then drop back to maintain a back four.

It worked wonderfully well that first season - The School of Science is on the way back! The next season, opponents learned to press the back four and make it difficult to play out from the back. Martinez proved unable to overcome this.
Coleman and Baines used to fly down the wings under Moyes's. But we where defensively more organised and that carried over somewhat under Martinez, all be it for a short period of time. In fact it wasn't the following season it started to unravel, it was towards the end of Martinez's first season.

I know Toffee TV isn't especially popular around here... but did anyone else see their Last Word video that was posted yesterday? They had Mountfield on and it was a decent listen.
One of my mates seen him at the match a few weeks ago, he was saying he thinks Mina is awful

Status
Not open for further replies.