Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't really.

We were far better in the first half and could easily have been 2-0 up.

We had a shaky five minutes in the second half and they took advantage. After that it was all us frantically pressing without actually managing much. But they didn't play us off the park.
You must of watched a different game

Didn't think JJK was bad - had a go at least! Davies tried a lot but even Marco was shouting at him for being so deep. Not sure where we thought our incisive pass was coming from after taking Gomes and Gylfi off but both looked like walking dead. Thought the second half cried out for Lookman but he had to bring some pace on too so not really much choice there. McCarthy must have sat on the bench thinking "how crap must I be if I cant get a game here". Voted for JJK in the end Zouma was looking for that card - frustrated I suppose.
I think Marco was telling him to go more direct/central with the long balls.

In the first half Gana kept deeper than Davies and Gomes.
In the second half he change it, with Davies being used as a deep pivot in the build up phase and then moving up through the next phase.

If he was shouting to go more forward...well typical of his madness throughout the season where in the last 20m he makes bizarre substitutions, then confounds it with bizarre tactical changes. Its desperate stuff.

If he's going to make a significant tactical change at the start - 442 diamond - then tinker with it significantly with it through the game...well what is he at? how are the players to make any sense of it and gel together.

I though this match showed just how much he hasn't been able to get these players together and getting them playing decent football.
Bc there was loads of space to move in, and time to work combinations, against a bang average side.
The diamond should simplify things and allow the players to create and work combinations without the complexities of other things he's being trying to do.

They're are bunch of clowns at the moment

Its a worry how poor davies long/aerial balls are. If he had this in his arsenal you could forgive some of the other stuff and more readily praise the rest.

It just seems like Sunderland, Villa etc minus one year.
Both villa and Sunderland became utterly toxic before succumbing....

We are blazing the exact same trail..

Doesn't matter what players come in they get over awed by the toxic fumes too..

Worrying

On Twitter but someone further down on the thread reckons it’s was a beating and not a stabbing. So don’t know really.

I was walking just behind the coach when it happened, the Watford fans were walking alongside the coaches giving out abuse, they had a pop at the official efc one started giving it large. That was the 2nd coach, they then went to the first one in line and started having a go again, it was bodies bouncing everywhere at that stage. Someone said they tried to get on the coach to get our fans. Next thing just seen some lads pile of and start fighting them. Ended up knocking the lads into the cemetery gates. No stabbing but they got a hiding, one lad was out cold still when they put him in the ambulance, about 15 minutes later. I know it's not a nice thing to say but it seemed the Watford fans where looking for trouble.
The police kept all the coaches back till 6 whilst they dealt with it. When they let everyone go the first bus was still kept there, going past it was surrounded by coppers with a few on board. Can't be 100% positive but people where saying it was the brick coach held.

Status
Not open for further replies.