Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from the game, and my take on it, we were absolutely cack, 2 piss poor teams playing out an even first half, we had a couple of headers that we should have done better with. Second half they were the better team (more because we were awful) Lewin should have done better with a header, Tosun missed a sitter (even though it was flagged for offside he should have buried it)

The groans around me when it was realised Sigurdsson was playing out on the left were in full flow. There were a couple of good touches from Sigurdsson, but once again he was poor (along with most of the others) it's baffling the way Silva seemed like he felt the need to start Sigurdsson today considering we've got a natural wide left player in Bernard, who actually did okay against Man City.

To make matters worse Zouma becomes a massive tit and gets himself a red card (second yellow) for getting in the refs face after the final whistle.

Deulofeu showing once again why he was a fans favourite and the respect he still has for us (God wish we still had him) by coming over at the end and applauding the away end.

We're gash, and now yer gonna believe it......….!

Last edited:

Remember when we won 22-0
IMG_3995.JPG

A sign of how bad we are playing is the impossible task of picking a motm every week. You come away thinking who was the least bad today.
You are one of the fans who deserve better, going all that way and getting beat again. I salute you. Most of us just suffer at the home games.

Didn't think JJK was bad - had a go at least! Davies tried a lot but even Marco was shouting at him for being so deep. Not sure where we thought our incisive pass was coming from after taking Gomes and Gylfi off but both looked like walking dead. Thought the second half cried out for Lookman but he had to bring some pace on too so not really much choice there. McCarthy must have sat on the bench thinking "how crap must I be if I cant get a game here". Voted for JJK in the end Zouma was looking for that card - frustrated I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.