Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
everton-fc-v-watford-fc-premier-league-5c0ec958168ea8dce4000001.jpg

Snakes on a plane, you know ive never watched that movie.

Anyway, its Everton time again, as we ALL get back to hoping we win games again its a tough trip down the motorway to those bitter little mutants from Watford. A point above us in the table means a win here would, of course, be very welcome, not just for us, but for our very much under fire Manager. With some very tough home games remaining, you do have to wonder where our next points are coming from, lets hope they are here.

An interesting team last night, with certain players dropped/rested, you have to wonder what sort of team the Manager will go with here, Watford play a narrow formation were they pack the midfield and have their fullbacks push on, if it was me, I would go with a back 3, but Marco sadly for us isnt me, with this in mind :

Goats 11 to start :

Pickford
Coleman - Keane - Zooms - Digne
Gana - Gomes
Iceland
Lookman -- Tosun -- Rico​

everton-fc-v-watford-fc-premier-league-5c0ec958168ea8dce4000001.jpg

Snakes on a plane, you know ive never watched that movie.

Anyway, its Everton time again, as we ALL get back to hoping we win games again its a tough trip down the motorway to those bitter little mutants from Watford. A point above us in the table means a win here would, of course, be very welcome, not just for us, but for our very much under fire Manager. With some very tough home games remaining, you do have to wonder where our next points are coming from, lets hope they are here.

An interesting team last night, with certain players dropped/rested, you have to wonder what sort of team the Manager will go with here, Watford play a narrow formation were they pack the midfield and have their fullbacks push on, if it was me, I would go with a back 3, but Marco sadly for us isnt me, with this in mind :

Goats 11 to start :

Pickford
Coleman - Keane - Zooms - Digne
Gana - Gomes
Iceland
Lookman -- Tosun -- Rico​
Serious question! Do you honestly think we will beat Watford away ? Personally I don,t.

Marco better be prepared for an onslaught from the home support. Probably be a vuvuzala-like hiss throughout the whole game.

Would settle for a point.

A win here given the circumstances could be galvanising, most particularly for Silva personally.

A heated atmosphere might help the players here.

Another defeat hardly seems catastrophic these days but if we do lose, they are rather beginning to pile up on the uncomfortable side of tolerance.

Has the makings of a great game, such is the bad blood.

Impossible to call, but if I couldn't say a draw, we're more likely to end up with nothing again. That would be a significant defeat in my view, I'd take a point now.

Agree! BUT my head will always rule my heart!

I also think we can win in my head, we are better than Watford, this is a team who in its greatest ever season finished 2nd to Everton in its only ever cup final and a team that has probably never finished above us EVER.

Even in a good season they are 2 points ahead of us. They aint all that at all, of course our current form suggests we wont get much, but that certainly doesnt mean I dont think we can win, at our best we beat these.

Status
Not open for further replies.