Match Thread Watford 2-3 Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the highlights the two yellows for Delph seemed pretty soft. The first looked like he played the ball? Maybe the second was and he was stupid to do it knowing he was already on a yellow.

Looking at the highlights the two yellows for Delph seemed pretty soft. The first looked like he played the ball? Maybe the second was and he was stupid to do it knowing he was already on a yellow.

They were very soft. We should be fuming about it but a win and the fact it was a player we don't like means we have just got on with it.

one of the great GOT goals that

as funny as Heitinga vs Bolton

One of my all time favourite goals ever that... Me and my mate were downstairs in the Bolton end. After it had gone 1-1 everyone was attacking blues for celebrating, blues fighting everywhere and getting launched out into the cold.... It was minus 2 with three feet of snow around the ground. Went downstairs on 30 minutes and ordered 20 pints between the two of us. Bolton fans kept coming over going ure scousers, which I said yeah so what, and chatted to them.
At the end of the game, 91 minutes plus we hadn't gone back up but we're now drinking with the Bolton fans having a laugh. Was organising to take a load of them out down county rd for the replay next thing Heitenga bangs in about 94 minutes.
They all look to the telly we were watching then turned to vent their anger, but we're already halfway out the stadium legging into the 3 feet of snow that encompassed the car park...... what a difference a few moments in football can make, love it xxx

The midfield is crying out for someone with a bit of composure on the ball. An Arteta type would be a godsend right now.
If we had another defender to rely on I'd honestly have given Holgate a run there until one of Gomes or Gbamin regained fitness. His passing needs to improve for sure, but he has so much composure and also the pace we are sadly missing in there. I thought he was outstanding in there away to United considering he hadn't played that position before.

Superb that win considering everything that was against us. We might still look poor at times but one thing you have to credit the lads and Carlo with is that we've got a bit of fight back in us. Could of easily felt sorry for ourselves at 2-0 and day dreamed in to another defeat but fair enough the team deserve some credit.

How nice is to have a nice relaxing Saturday night though? Arsed about anybody else. Let's go for the Europa.

Status
Not open for further replies.