Match Thread Watford 2-3 Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And your lineup prediction?
Same formation as before. Put Iwobi in for Walcott if he's able to go 90, stick with Walcott if not. Delph and whoever in midfield it doesn't matter as they all stink. Sidibe has to play RB. Richarlison back in for Kean.

Tricky one with Richarlison. Kean looked fantastic against Newcastle and on that deserves to keep his place. You don’t drop DCL as he’s scoring so do you drop Bernard and play Richarlison on the left, maybe play Bernard on the right for Walcott or does Richie sit on the bench and come on later in the game? It’s a nice problem to have

Tricky one with Richarlison. Kean looked fantastic against Newcastle and on that deserves to keep his place. You don’t drop DCL as he’s scoring so do you drop Bernard and play Richarlison on the left, maybe play Bernard on the right for Walcott or does Richie sit on the bench and come on later in the game? It’s a nice problem to have
I don't know where, but all I know is when your best player is back and healthy, he plays

Watford have played 4-2-3-1 under Pearson in every game. Doucoure in front of two dm/cm and Deulofeu always on the left with Deeney the striker.

Will be interesting to see if Ancelotti switches from 4-4-2 for this game.

Those players may not be consistent enough to be anywhere better than watford at the moment but on their day they can be dangerous.

Walcott drops out because he’s awful.

This is another belter. Everton are sitting pretty in 12th on 30 points. If Watford win, they close the gap to four points. I have done enough of Everton this season, and I still cannot work them out. Dominic Calvert-Lewin has been brilliant, their best player by a mile, but I do not get the midfield or the balance at the back. Bernard can be taken off after 45 or 60 minutes - he creates stuff, but he just does not score. I am so unsure of them and cannot make them out. Watford's honesty is probably going to get them over the line here.
CHARLIE PREDICTS: Watford 2-1 Everton
Nicholas nobhead at it again

I think he will go for this

---------------------- Pickford

Sidibe------Mina------------Keane----------Digne

-------------Sigurdsson------Delph
Walcott-----------------------------------Richarlison

---------------Kean---------------DCL

Iwobi and Bernard on the bench

This is another belter. Everton are sitting pretty in 12th on 30 points. If Watford win, they close the gap to four points. I have done enough of Everton this season, and I still cannot work them out. Dominic Calvert-Lewin has been brilliant, their best player by a mile, but I do not get the midfield or the balance at the back. Bernard can be taken off after 45 or 60 minutes - he creates stuff, but he just does not score. I am so unsure of them and cannot make them out. Watford's honesty is probably going to get them over the line here.
CHARLIE PREDICTS: Watford 2-1 Everton
Nicholas nobhead at it again
I’d love to know where we’d be in the table if that knobhead was right every week. He must’ve only predicted us to win a couple of games all season.

I think he will go for this

---------------------- Pickford

Sidibe------Mina------------Keane----------Digne

-------------Sigurdsson------Delph
Walcott-----------------------------------Richarlison

---------------Kean---------------DCL

Iwobi and Bernard on the bench

Only I would put Iwobi instead of Sidgi, just behind our CFs, as we need to play FWD more than back. And same reason Holgate for Keane. (And Sidibe for Walcott for better crosses for Kean n DCL, with Coleman at left back.). (Even Baines for Digne., for better deadball delivery)

1. Bernard has looked great playing centrally behind the strikers.

2. Kean DCL and Richy all need to play.

3. We have no depth at midfield and wide.

So:

Pickford
Coleman Mina Holgate Baines
Sidibe Bernard (least bad option, you pick)
Rich DCL Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.