Watched an old Everton match yesterday, I hope this squad did too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Street end man

Player Valuation: £35m
Just flicked on SKY yesterday after the F1 had finished and they were showing a full rerun of the 2012 game with Man Utd at old trafford, an end of season game United needed to win to secure the title.

Was only going to watch it for 10 minutes but became enthralled by it, even though I knew the score.

I remember having the odd moan about this team at the time but seldom about their spirit, ie 4-2 down at their place with 7 minutes left and grabbing a point.

Every player, even some who lacked the talent put a shift in.
Hibbert was fantastic both in defence and with his flank work and crossing (don't shoot the messenger:)),Osman ran himself ragged (with results) until he almost got knocked unconcious in an aerial dual with a much bigger bloke.....and the save Tim pulled off in the dying seconds I can't see Pickford getting anywhere near it.
The whole team had spirit with very few big money wasters in the side, ok you could single out Jelevic but he scored two crackers so I'd be harsh to do that here. As I say I'd like the squad to watch this game, they were not the best 11 we've ever had by far but any of them would be an automatic in the current team. How have we let the standards so drop far? With the big money we've squandered on this squad something did go horribly wrong......apart from the manic change of spirit, fight and flare when Dunc had a few games as boss. Great to watch that yesterday but very depressing at the same time.

Last edited:
That game was a few days after we bottled it against Liverpool at Wembley though wasn't it. Great game and performance but so typical of Everton to turn up to the game that doesn't actually matter.
We done the exact same thing the next season aswell, came up with an outstanding performance a week too late. This time we beat city with 10 men the week after the wigan fa cup debacle.

That game was a few days after we bottled it against Liverpool at Wembley though wasn't it. Great game and performance but so typical of Everton to turn up to the game that doesn't actually matter.

A Liverpool team well and truly there for the taking (Dalglish sacked soon after), yet Brad Jones in goal didn't make a save all game. That was the day i'd had it with Moyes.

United collapsed at the end of that season. They blew an 8 point lead in the last few games. That spell where everything Jelavic hit went in.

A Liverpool team well and truly there for the taking (Dalglish sacked soon after), yet Brad Jones in goal didn't make a save all game. That was the day i'd had it with Moyes.

United collapsed at the end of that season. They blew an 8 point lead in the last few games. That spell where everything Jelavic hit went in.

I remember we tested him from distance once all game and he spilled it, you'd think we would target a team's weaknesses but that's not the Everton way

They were crap but still had the likes of Gerrard and Suarez in the team. We had Gueye on the wing...

Status
Not open for further replies.