"Watch Classic Matches Again"

What was that enclosed cage in the street end? Looks like something from Chester Zoo lol

Also @Joey66 why were the stands cut away behind the goals and for how long were they like that for?
You always stood underneath the stand in case it threw it down with rain - My older brother reckons in the old day late 1950s you could walk around each terrace of the ground 3/4 of the way it was only blocked by the boys pen corner.... plus the back area of the old paddock was standing no seats - he claimed that was the best spec .....

I only went in the boys pen cage once - never again - lucky to get out alive, mate ..... 2&1/2 p entry plus the singing in that high pitched chant went through you lol

BK never ever went in there mate - you had to be hard, or they would rob you or beat you up.....

Villa away Saturday. Villa Park has been a good ground for us during my time as Blue as we've reached 3 FA Cup finals and a League Cup final on that ground and this victory there in 1987 with a cracking volley from Kevin Sheedy in front of masses of travelling Evertonians put us a step closer to the title that year.

That was some goal
And was so important in the run in
I almost wet myself when it flew in

You always stood underneath the stand in case it threw it down with rain - My older brother reckons in the old day late 1950s you could walk around each terrace of the ground 3/4 of the way it was only blocked by the boys pen corner.... plus the back area of the old paddock was standing no seats - he claimed that was the best spec .....

I only went in the boys pen cage once - never again - lucky to get out alive, mate ..... 2&1/2 p entry plus the singing in that high pitched chant went through you lol

BK never ever went in there mate - you had to be hard, or they would rob you or beat you up.....

I meant the big semi circles Joey behind the goal where the stand was cut away, didn't something happen where the FA ordered Everton to create a distance from the goal? How long did it last?

Any pics of that fenced in pen area? Looks like you wouldn't put a chicken in it, let alone a kid lol

I meant the big semi circles Joey behind the goal where the stand was cut away, didn't something happen where the FA ordered Everton to create a distance from the goal? How long did it last?

Any pics of that fenced in pen area? Looks like you wouldn't put a chicken in it, let alone a kid lol
They were introduced around 1965 the Spurs keeper Bill Brown complained of the Gwlady's Street plus then park end throwing coins at him - then he claimed a few darts of a dartboard style were aimed at him....... Coins definitely - Darts non were found ....,.Everton were fined & ordered to put the arches behind each goal if they wanted the 1966 world cup finals to be held at Goodison park

Hence they were installed plus the walls around the terraces made even higher hence the kids used boxes to stand on at the front.....to see the game .....

They were introduced around 1965 she Spurs keeper Bill Brown complained of the Baldy's Street plus then park end throwing coins at him - then he claimed a few darts of a dartboard style were aimed at him....... Coins definitely - Darts non were found ....,.Everton were fined & ordered to put the arches behind each goal if they wanted the 1966 world cup finals to be held at Goodison park

Hence they were installed plus the walls around the terraces made higher hence the kids used boxes to stand on at the front.....

Cheers mate and when we're they put back in for normal stands/terracing where fans were allowed behind the goal again?

Villa away Saturday. Villa Park has been a good ground for us during my time as Blue as we've reached 3 FA Cup finals and a League Cup final on that ground and this victory there in 1987 with a cracking volley from Kevin Sheedy in front of masses of travelling Evertonians put us a step closer to the title that year.

What a finish
What an away support
What a kit

Cheers mate and when we're they put back in for normal stands/terracing where fans were allowed behind the goal again?
Yes the semi circles were removed before all seater at Goodison came in our last game for standing on the terraces - was v Luton in a 1-0 win the last days of the Gwladys street end terracing - both the park end & the Gwladys street end had wooden floors under the grandstands which added to the noise generated when chanting ....

The Goodison road side probably held the most terraced spectators as it was a deceptively large standing area 78,000ish was the highest attendance at Goodison ....

The Grand old lady held England games, chosen for the World cup - semi final replays etc it was in its day a mega stadium....

One of my all time favourite away days- and one of my all-time favourite week's following Everton, coinciding with a RS wobble. The week before, we we level on points with them, then delivered one of the best 1st half performances i've sever seen vs West Ham- relentless pressure and a 4-0 half time lead. Went To Villa for that crucial win and amazing away support, our fans were all around the ground. Vintage Sheeds....who was injured shortly after then missed most of the run-in- step forward Paul power again, who had a magnificent season. On the bank holiday Monday, we beat Newcastle and they dropped points again, so within nine days a 6 point gap emerged (Spurs had a wobble too, so they were now something like 9 behind). "Good times".