"Watch Classic Matches Again"

What a shambles

Found myself getting a bit annoyed watching that and I wasn't even going to watch Everton then! It would be the following season I started getting taken along to Goodison,so I did see many of those players in a royal blue jersey,never saw Gary Jones play for us though,he looked like he could be a bit of handful? So two lousy backpasses and David Lawson hardly covered himself in glory for the header by David Johnson, I can only imagine the crowds reaction to that at full time!

What a shambles

The dog days of 75/6 - this was just after we'd been knocked out of the League Cup by Notts County and then let in five at Leeds. Latchford had been dropped, having not scored for about 12 games - hence his eagerness to nick a goal off George Telfer. I think he then scored in 6 consecutive games. Defence a shambles and the confidence just ebbed away after they scored their comical opener.

Found myself getting a bit annoyed watching that and I wasn't even going to watch Everton then! It would be the following season I started getting taken along to Goodison,so I did see many of those players in a royal blue jersey,never saw Gary Jones play for us though,he looked like he could be a bit of handful? So two lousy backpasses and David Lawson hardly covered himself in glory for the header by David Johnson, I can only imagine the crowds reaction to that at full time!
Gary Jones had all the talent in the world - should have been a superstar.

I remember the game well - the crowd was in uproar, the cushions raining down from the Top Balcony!

Would have been mayhem on here!

While he staggered on for another 12 months or so, this spell was the beginning of the end for Billy Bingham.

The dog days of 75/6 - this was just after we'd been knocked out of the League Cup by Notts County and then let in five at Leeds. Latchford had been dropped, having not scored for about 12 games - hence his eagerness to nick a goal off George Telfer. I think he then scored in 6 consecutive games. Defence a shambles and the confidence just ebbed away after they scored their comical opener.

Gary Jones had all the talent in the world - should have been a superstar.

I remember the game well - the crowd was in uproar, the cushions raining down from the Top Balcony!

Would have been mayhem on here!

While he staggered on for another 12 months or so, this spell was the beginning of the end for Billy Bingham.
Just reading a book on Billy Bingham's reign as Manager - he upset too many stars like Gary Jones ....