"Watch Classic Matches Again"

In honour of our Bernie
View attachment 71836
FB_IMG_1593116763195.jpg

he was only 19 and on his own lol , he says hello to everyone .View attachment 92077
He looks thinner there then when he joined us -Joking ;)
Can he confirm the Xmas hamper story & asking to see the Catt drunk for a pay rise & Labone plus players throwing him on a groundsman wagon with the hamper whisky half drunk then transferred back to Walsall ?lol
That was the rumour at the time also The Catt hid in a Wardrobe & left it to Captain Labby plus other players to sort him out nicely?lol
I saw him play they never found a kit to fit him poor Bernie .......

Can he confirm the Xmas hamper story & asking to see the Catt drunk for a pay rise & Labone plus players throwing him on a groundsman wagon with the hamper whisky half drunk then transferred back to Walsall ?lol
That was the rumour at the time also The Catt hid in a Wardrobe & left it to Captain Labby plus other players to sort him out nicely?lol
all that is true , he was a bit of a lad wasn`t he

Except for the Cup Final in 85, I would agree! :(

Yes mate despite our domination of them then, they still won the biggest game between the clubs in that era.

Then from 93 onwards they dominated us for the rest of the 90s yet we won the 95 cup final against them. Reverse happened!

I saw him play they never found a kit to fit him poor Bernie ......

For all everyone says and thinks
he was still a blue and still one of you , he one of your boys not matter how good bad or funny
and 1 thing he always said was for all the crap that went on , the fans remained brilliant

I suppose the biggest compliment i can give after all i read and hear is that for a man to play 13 games way back in 1971-73 and still be remembered well and talked about now still to this day says 2 things , he was unforgetable in some respects , and deep down the supporters liked him .