"Watch Classic Matches Again"

Apparently Dave Johnson was on £900 a week and playing like a cross between a shire horse and a show pony.Mc mahon wanted the same but didnt get it so he leftfor Villa
Dave Johnson was like lightning , but had a knack of hitting the woodwork instead of scoring far more goals for us than he did - he did ok over the park though......
His replacement has to go down in the all time worst no9s like bernie wright = Rod Bellfit who was very expensive now there is a carthorse........

Dave Johnson was like lightning , but had a knack of hitting the woodwork instead of scoring far more goals for us than he did - he did ok over the park though......
His replacement has to go down in the all time worst no9s like bernie wright = Rod Bellfit who was very expensive now there is a carthorse........
i think your remembering his first stint here.His return at the time Mcmahon was here he was very poor,in fact Belfittesque

i think your remembering his first stint here.His return at the time Mcmahon was here he was very poor,in fact Belfittesque
His 2nd stint is like any other person crap bat perhaps Pieneer for 1 season...
HK MK 2&3 were another example latest one Rooney.....
His first stint he was a great prospect which proved to be so , but not with us the other lot......

If a carthorse decides to sue, we'll all chip in.

Wish I could mate,no footage I can find,I was at that game as a young kid,it was a mad one!!all I can recall is pejic putting us one up with a deflected cross/shot at the park end,then we were behind each time afterwards and kept pegging them back, think they were bottom of the league as well,MacLeod the Scotland manager came to look at woody in nets who had a nightmare:)

Loving your posts mate.

Little bit bored so had a look through 84/85 season. I think most would consider our first choice team to have been Southall,Stevens, Van den Hauwe, Ratcliffe, Mountfield, Steven, Reid, Bracewell,Sheedy, Sharp and Gray.

Anyway that side only started 14 games, winning 12 drawing 1 and only losing the fa cup final.

I’d always thought they’d played more games together but i suppose inchy was first choice until marwood injured him v sheff wed.

Happy times and a truly great side

And then there were three...

Youtube has long had two of our goals, in colour, from the 3-2 win at Wolves on 4 October 1969. Here they are, from Morrisey and Harvey:

Quite what happened to the third, a Joe Royle penalty blast, remains a mystery, but there is footage of it, albeit in black and white, courtesy of MOTD's revamped intro for the 1970-71 season:

And then there were three...

Youtube has long had two of our goals, in colour, from the 3-2 win at Wolves on 4 October 1969. Here they are, from Morrisey and Harvey:

Quite what happened to the third, a Joe Royle penalty blast, remains a mystery, but there is footage of it, albeit in black and white, courtesy of MOTD's revamped intro for the 1970-71 season:

I loved that Kop away end at wolves - went there a few times -got to say our supporters made the most of that end noise wise - I was at that game - Joe Royles pen was a belter but we thought it had gone over the bar only when he was congratulated we new he had scored he hit his pens so hard the flashed in mainly..... took over from Bally as pen taker always thumped them high into the net;)