Was Marcel Brands a good choice for DOF? POLL

Has Marcel Brands been a good choice as DOF?

• Yes he's been a success. Glad he's with us.

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • No he's been a failure. I wish we'd gone for someone else.

Votes: 23 8.1%
  • Jury's still out.

Votes: 156 55.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't judge a DOF until he's 4/5 years into a job.
No use having a strategy and then folding as soon as things go wrong.
I totally agree, he has offloaded alot of deadwood from our inflated squad. He had to clean up the mess Koeman and Walsh left. Once the likes of Morgan, Gylfi, Bolasie, Sandro, Walcott & Tosun are off our books the better. We need to be patient and trust the process.

If Walsh had Brands’ record you’d all be calling for his head and rightly so. Most are hoodwinked because Brands walks around dressed for the runway.

He’s been hyped up beyond belief.

If Walsh had Brands’ record you’d all be calling for his head and rightly so. Most are hoodwinked because Brands walks around dressed for the runway.

He’s been hyped up beyond belief.

Walsh bid against himself for Sigurdsson and decided Sam Allardyce was a good choice to be our manager. Them two decisions alone outweigh anything Brands has done and will do

For Brands, it has to be quality over quantity.

We have far too many players. Too many who contribute anything. And we keep signing too many new players.

Just don't know yet.

But I'd say sadly he's leaning towards failure rather than success as we currently stand.

We'll see in about two years what the reality is.

Walsh bid against himself for Sigurdsson and decided Sam Allardyce was a good choice to be our manager. Them two decisions alone outweigh anything Brands has done and will do
Brands brought in Iwobi and kept Silva as manager for far too long.

They’re both as bad as each other.

He has been average so far.

Take away Holgate and DCL and you could say that our better players have generally been players signed under Brands.

That said Richarlison can not be classed as a Brands signing, that was down to Silva, and the rest of the signings are fairly obvious ones. Anyone can raid Barcelona for some of their lesser used players.

It's not always about getting value, it's about getting the best players to suit how we play but I think a true indicator of his worth will be once the likes of Branthwaite show what they are made of (if indeed he does.)

If you accept that Richarlison and Digne were Silva signigs then I cannot possibly see how Brands can be seen anything but a complet and utter embarassement.

Every one of his buys lack top 6 ability, mentality and consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.