Warm weather training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brooklyn blue

Player Valuation: £950k
Can't help but think the recent "holiday" the team enjoyed, had an effect on today's performance.They seemed to have lost a bit of drive an intensity,which is natural after spending a few days in the sun playing golf and head tennis.Given the facilities we have at finch farm I really don't see the sense in taking the squad away.

I don't understand how training in 26c heat can prepare them for playing West Brom on a January night which was probably about 5c personally. I guess it rubbed off negatively!

Being a NZ based Evertonian, I fervently follow the All Blacks rugby team. These guys are absolute winners. They sure as hell would not be going off to some resort in the middle of the rugby season for training in conditions that are totally different to the ones they play in.

The Tenerife trip was stupid...and it showed in our performance. Head space was totally wrong.

I am not a big fan of all this friendly banter with the opposition while waiting to come on the pitch. You should hit the pitch wanting to annihilate your competition, not be mates with him.

Being a NZ based Evertonian, I fervently follow the All Blacks rugby team. These guys are absolute winners. They sure as hell would not be going off to some resort in the middle of the rugby season for training in conditions that are totally different to the ones they play in.

The Tenerife trip was stupid...and it showed in our performance. Head space was totally wrong.

I am not a big fan of all this friendly banter with the opposition while waiting to come on the pitch. You should hit the pitch wanting to annihilate your competition, not be mates with him.

This.

Warm weather training is a treat when it's available to you. Warm weather including the sun has many benefits in comparison to cold weather.

The players were off. Simple as

If we won 3-0 we'd be wanting to send them back midweek ffs

I think the difference with the All Blacks though is that NZ has a warmish climate even in winter and rarely gets snow, where as clearly England has a different climate with colder weather. So with warm weather training being more effective than training in the cold climate, there is an element of sense to it. However they were in Tenerife a day too long and didnt reacclimatize to the colder weather mentally I suspect.
The concept for me is sound but obviously on this occasion hasnt worked, and surely this is when Martinez pulls out the hairdrier and gets the boys amped up for the derby.
We had an off day and got punished for it but it could have been worse (aside from the Coleman injury FFS). We have lots of players coming back from injury soon which will hopefully give us a boost heading into Feb and March

I think that RM was just trying to build a bit of togetherness in the squad so I don't blame him for this at all.

At the end of the day, the professional players just didn't turn up. It happens. We move on.

I think that RM was just trying to build a bit of togetherness in the squad so I don't blame him for this at all.

At the end of the day, the professional players just didn't turn up. It happens. We move on.

yes mate, you are right...we move on. Still 16 games to go (a third of the season...the business third). Please, PLEASE, no more injuries!

It was a poor performance. It was not directly resulting from their week in Tenerife.
If the warm weather training results in Ross coming back sooner and McGeady integrating faster ready for the derby, then I'm okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.