Wanted - someone to take a corner !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair once a player is on the pitch its not there fault that they hit the front men, no excuse.

Also Was quite suprised to learn that Baines chooses not to practice set pieces, maybe thats were hes going wrong

If that is true about baines, then i a really p***** off as this is part of his game. RM and his coaches should get Barkley, Baines, Mirallas or Mcgeady to practice corners and free kicks.

The best corners ive seen so far this season have been from Barkley, despite that crap one at the end of the hull match or Mcgeady but his are 50/50 either really wicked dipping ones that land in the 6 yard box or really crap ones that fly over everyone or hits the first man

Don't mind the fact we don't score many as can understand that it takes a lot of practice to make them a large part of the goals scored by a team. That time that is probably better spent concentrating on scoring from free play.

But what is concerning is they are becoming a liability with possesion regularly lost so the other team break with our CBs high up the pitch along with Baines who has delivered the kick.

We'd be far better accepting we are unlikely to score, keep the defenders back and just take the corner short.

The best corners ive seen so far this season have been from Barkley, despite that crap one at the end of the hull match or Mcgeady but his are 50/50 either really wicked dipping ones that land in the 6 yard box or really crap ones that fly over everyone or hits the first man
Best corner this season was Garbutt against Wolfburg that Distin somehow managed to miss his header with. That was a Hinchcliffe style beauty!

Whenever we win a corner i sigh, kinda know it's gonna fail and the opposition will clear it. Bring back the 80s Sharpey near post flick on corners, scored loads from those.

We havent had anyone who can hit a good corner since Hinchcliffe. RM likes hiring old players as coaches, get him in teaching the lads how its done, we've even got Dunc there to get on the them and show the lads how to do that as well.

I think the last decent headed goal from a corner was Rom's in the derby last year. Was it Deulofeu who swung that one in?

Is it just me or is every player we have taking corners just got progrssively worse? Arteta for example was great and then just stopped doing well, same with baines now.

Plus why isnt this an issue to either manager, why our set piece taker isnt doing well?!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eat-Man-City-Toffees-set-pieces-let-down.html - i agree with everything said in this article. Im 100% behind martinez but this is basically an ego trip. I used to get so annoyed with arsenal fans around the invincibles year when they basically were unhappy with a goal that wasn't a "beautiful goal", and I think martinez is the same. He needs to sort it out immediately.

It's pretty much spot on. A goal is a goal.

It's fine to prefer scoring a goal from a skillful patient attacking move over a scrappy one bundled in from a corner.

But to actually not even bother trying to score from set pieces is completely and utterly ridiculous considering how many set pieces a team will get during a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.