Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Gazza

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted Joe Max Moore.

Why?

Because it was his playing at Everton that was partially responsible for me following the club and eventually falling in love with it.

I shudder to think what would have happened had he played at another club. Nah...I'd have still become a blue.

Because a team of scouts employed by the biggest club in the world would make that mistake.
Tommy was a quality player.
He was good but he was phoney with it - played the Street End like a fiddle. Miles out of position, making idiotic plays, but never mind - I'll stick a reducer into their centre mid and wave my arms about, crowd will love it.

Special mentions to Gravesen and Weir who went on to be great for us, but I'll go for super Kev. The impact he made may well have been almost as significant as Graeme Stuart's goal v Wimbledon.

I'll discount Ferguson as a Smith signing as he already had a history with the club and we probably wouldn't have signed him if he hadn't been sold from under Smith's nose, although Smith did have a personal history of signing him.

Carsley joined only a month before Smith was sacked but his impact was there for all to see (albeit in a side coached by Moyes which obviously improved on what went before). Campbell for me - his impact was greater and it was (mostly) achieved in Smith's time.

He was good but he was phoney with it - played the Street End like a fiddle. Miles out of position, making idiotic plays, but never mind - I'll stick a reducer into their centre mid and wave my arms about, crowd will love it.

Always made me laugh that people just assumed he was a "tough tackling" defensive mid because of how he looked. He was a creator more than anything.

Some fairly decent players in that list and I'd take a few of them now over some of the current phoneys! Best ' signing ' though is Campbell by miles!

Status
Not open for further replies.