Walking out on to the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prevenger17

Great turn of pace, an eye for goal...
Why are we so bad at it?

In the final years of Moyes, throughout Martinez's tenure and seemingly continuing now under Koeman we are terrible at walking out on to the pitch

We seem to have an unwritten rule that Lukaku can smile and high five a Belgian in the opposite team. It's infuriating late in a game we are trailing and the memory of Lukaku's friendly gesture suddenly reinvigorates Kevin De Bruyne who blasts in from 35 yards. We then seem to have zero movement and invariably get out on to the pitch about 3 seconds after our opponents. We don't have any jogging out option either (not that I'm a massive fan) or leaping up and down with our chests puffed out, followed by that rapid running-on-the-spot maneuver.

Other clubs just don't seem to have a problem with what is one of the basics of the game. Why are we so bad at walking out and why have two managers (hopefully not three) failed to get to grips with this?

Why are we so bad at it?

In the final years of Moyes, throughout Martinez's tenure and seemingly continuing now under Koeman we are terrible at walking out on to the pitch

We seem to have an unwritten rule that Lukaku can smile and high five a Belgian in the opposite team. It's infuriating late in a game we are trailing and the memory of Lukaku's friendly gesture suddenly reinvigorates Kevin De Bruyne who blasts in from 35 yards. We then seem to have zero movement and invariably get out on to the pitch about 3 seconds after our opponents. We don't have any jogging out option either (not that I'm a massive fan) or leaping up and down with our chests puffed out, followed by that rapid running-on-the-spot maneuver.

Other clubs just don't seem to have a problem with what is one of the basics of the game. Why are we so bad at walking out and why have two managers (hopefully not three) failed to get to grips with this?
Just had the same thought in the kickoffs thread. Shameful from the club really

They are professionals. As long as it stays all business on the pitch, they can be friendly before hand.

Until Jags walks out to this I won't be happy

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.