Waiting for the page to turn - your best Everton memories of Teletext

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noble Savage

Player Valuation: £20m
Before the internet , there was a digital information service called Teletext . First there was BBC'S Ceefax then ITV's Oracle . Behind them was Channel 4's service ( which had awesome computer game and wrestling sections ) and after that came Sky's. Channel 5 had one too I think.
I'm sure more than a few of you used Teletext on match day ( waiting for the damn page turn ) and on March's transfer deadline day .
What are your best Teletext Everton memories ?
I think mine were seeing Carsley's name pop up while I was at work watching Teletext anxious about the Liverpool game and seeing Limpar had signed for us on deadline day .

Our life, before mobiles and the mindless plethora of digital devices.

Happy memories of the massive cheers at Goodison , when we found out that the RS were losing at half time, courtesy of the scores being put up, on those metal tile things on the paddock wall.

EVERTON 60S..jpg

The lad who sat behind us for years in Lower Bullens actually worked for the service.
At the end of the game he would be dictating the match report that would then be put up on the pages.
His dad was the editor of the Daily Post as well.
Hope he reads GOT.
Nice family all from Manchester as well oddly enough.

The lad who sat behind us for years in Lower Bullens actually worked for the service.
At the end of the game he would be dictating the match report that would then be put up on the pages.
His dad was the editor of the Daily Post as well.
Hope he reads GOT.
Nice family all from Manchester as well oddly enough.

Used to love getting the Post on Saturday mornings.

A proper Toffee paper.

Our life, before mobiles and the mindless plethora of digital devices.

Happy memories of the massive cheers at Goodison , when we found out that the RS were losing at half time, courtesy of the scores being put up, on those metal tile things on the paddock wall.

View attachment 114904
If I remember correctly, the alphabet along the front related to matches shown in the programme. At half-time, they put the scores up - but you had to have a programme to know what was going on. Me and my brother could never afford a programme.

Status
Not open for further replies.