Confirmed Signing Vitaliy Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the roumors are true that the price for this lad are £17m and we are paying him £58,000pw then over the course of a 5 year deal we'll of paid him over £15m in wages. That means we'll of paid the lad nearly the same amount we paid for him.

Absolute madness to guarantee that to someone completely unproven in this league.
To be fair that is cheap in today's market. 17 million is a third of what a top full back goes for these days , so I don't see an issue with that as such. Same as the wages , they aren't that high.

We could sign a proven full back in this league but they would cost more and generally be terrible for us, have we actually signed a proven player these past 4 years and it be a good signing? I genuinely can't think of one , our best players were either young or from overseas.

Cos its roughly the going rate for a 21 cap 22 yr old Champions lge player, international full back.

After a good season or 2 his agent would be banging on the door for a better contract.

Ukraine International playing in the Ukraine league, celtic get into the champions league. They did well in the CL this season though didnt they 1 draw and 5 losses conceding 11 goals. Top quality stuff. Playing in the champions league doesn't count for much if your getting bummed in every game.

And that is what get clubs relegated mate.

Forgive me but can you please point out to me a team that has been relegated as a direct result of spending within their means?

Because I believe its overspending money that you cut afford that ends up getting teams relegated.

If the roumors are true that the price for this lad are £17m and we are paying him £58,000pw then over the course of a 5 year deal we'll of paid him over £15m in wages. That means we'll of paid the lad nearly the same amount we paid for him.

Absolute madness to guarantee that to someone completely unproven in this league.
Signing young players with some potential upside might work in the hands of a manager like Moyes who is prepared to work with and develop them.

Benitez has no interest in coaching or developing players in any way, more likely to point fingers at and humiliate them in order to deflect away from shocking results and prolong his own tenure.

Unfortunately Moshiri is too stupid to see through him so things are looking very grim indeed.

To be fair that is cheap in today's market. 17 million is a third of what a top full back goes for these days , so I don't see an issue with that as such. Same as the wages , they aren't that high.

We could sign a proven full back in this league but they would cost more and generally be terrible for us, have we actually signed a proven player these past 4 years and it be a good signing? I genuinely can't think of one , our best players were either young or from overseas.
Is it cheap? It appears we have no takers for Digne at the price quoted and may be reduced to loaning him out.

Signing young players with some potential upside might work in the hands of a manager like Moyes who is prepared to work with and develop them.

Benitez has no interest in coaching or developing players in any way, more likely to point fingers at and humiliate them in order to deflect away from shocking results and prolong his own tenure.

Unfortunately Moshiri is too stupid to see through him so things are looking very grim indeed.

Yet DCL, Gordon have both praised Benitez.

He's also given debuts to Simms and Dobbin this season.

Stop talking agenda fuelled bollox 24/7 son lol

Have never seen the lad play! Really hope he has something about him. Has any other club been after him? Can’t be tolerating another Niasse, Tosun Klassen etc

Ukraine International playing in the Ukraine league, celtic get into the champions league. They did well in the CL this season though didnt they 1 draw and 5 losses conceding 11 goals. Top quality stuff. Playing in the champions league doesn't count for much if your getting bummed in every game.

Forgive me but can you please point out to me a team that has been relegated as a direct result of spending within their means?

Because I believe its overspending money that you cut afford that ends up getting teams relegated.
Pay low wages = get low grade players.

Norwich spend within their means , that works out well for them.

And we are nowhere near a poor club.
In fact we are one of the richest in the league.

Badly run yes.
But dont put us in that category pls.

Yet DCL, Gordon have both praised Benitez.

He's also given debuts to Simms and Dobbin this season.

Stop talking agenda fuelled bollox 24/7 son lol
Simms Dobbin maybe even Gordon would be 50/50 to stick around long term of course they are going to back a man who has given them a chance.

That hasn’t helped results though….he’s just stuck them on the pitch in desperation effectively

Simms Dobbin maybe even Gordon would be 50/50 to stick around long term of course they are going to back a man who has given them a chance.

That hasn’t helped results though….he’s just stuck them on the pitch in desperation effectively

So by your logic:

if our players dont say anything positive about him it means they hate him...

Yet if our players do say something positive about him its only to save their own bacon and they dont mean it.

If Benitez doesn't play the yoof he's an awful dinosaur...

Yet If Benitez does play the yoof he's only doing it out of desperation

This is why you and your band of merry men can not be taken seriously and whatever valid points you raise are largely dismissed because in every scenario you paint Benitez as the devil in which he can do no right lol

@Saint Domingo

Pay low wages = get low grade players.

Norwich spend within their means , that works out well for them.

And we are nowhere near a poor club.
In fact we are one of the richest in the league.

Badly run yes.
But dont put us in that category pls.

Spurs have a very low wage bill and have plenty of players who walk into our squad.

With respect to Norwich they aren't a established mid table Premiership team so using them as a example is farcical at best.

We might not be poor but we are by no means rich enough to be handing out £60kpw contracts to unproven kids whos only experience is from playing in a kak league and getting their pants pulled down 6 games a season in the champions league.

Benitez is a total hands on coach, well known fact. Like him or not, plain lying in the style of Donald Trump does not make it the truth

So by your logic:

if our players dont say anything positive about him it means they hate him...

Yet if our players do say something positive about him its only to save their own bacon and they dont mean it.

If Benitez doesn't play the yoof he's an awful dinosaur...

Yet If Benitez does play the yoof he's only doing it out of desperation

This is why you and your band of merry men can not be taken seriously and whatever valid points you raise are largely dismissed because in every scenario you paint Benitez as the devil in which he can do no right lol

@Saint Domingo
His attitude to youth is the same as he has to all players - just stick them on the pitch see what happens, when it goes wrong blame them and then wait for the next transfer window.

That is not my definition of a coach or a manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.