2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

I haven't seen the highlights yet but was he not done a few times by Eze and then Olise during the game?

He's definetly hit a bit of form but as always some go over the top.

Yeah and literally every full back in the world will get "done" by very good players every now and then.

Just how every single defender in history makes the occasional mistake.

People act like a player has to be utterly perfect 100% of the time to be good, it's quite bizarre

Need to weigh up that it is the speed of palace that allowed them to negate the effect of midfield, it's no accident Onana had a quieter game. Not every side has such speed and versatility. Myko plays best on instinct, when he has time to think or try to implement instruction he doubts himself, whereas his natural game is his strongest, to evolve with him means to capitalise on his strength and incorporate it first. Adapting to him is easier than making him adapt to a system.

Decent that, especially when he couldn’t get into the team ahead of a very poor young at the start of the season.

Hes done very well and ive always thought at worst he's going to be an asset defensively.

I would say "makes you think" or something about Young mentioned, but hes clearly the worst full back and one of the worst players in the squad.

Impossible, I have it in the most informed authority (GoT forum analyst’s) that he’s turbo garbo.
Well I’ve just checked that website out after seeing a few quote it. And they have us top of the defensive stats out of all leagues. We’re currently 14th in our league so just for comparison stats ratings mean nothing, his current form has been good last 6 weeks or so before that he’s been turbo Garbo as you say and if you watch him he looks so cumbersome and awkward in possession only a matter of time before he returns back to being tripe.

Yeah and literally every full back in the world will get "done" by very good players every now and then.

Just how every single defender in history makes the occasional mistake.

People act like a player has to be utterly perfect 100% of the time to be good, it's quite bizarre
Yes i get that defenders will be beaten, thats a given.

Just as always on here people have to go the the extremes. He's in a good run of form, after he was dropped for being poor generally. Hes was good against Palace, but not exceptional, he wasn't flawless.

I think him scoring has hidden that he was beaten quite easily a few times. I haven't watched the highlights so just going of memory on that.