2022/23 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuck up for him earlier in the thread, and understand the criticisms of him on last nights showing (albeit it was sloppy midfield passes that led to FB's being caught out of position).

He's improved since arriving and now more presence in final third and decision making are areas for him to work on.

Show him some love, God knows how the situation at home must affect him, Myko just needs time.

Stuck up for him earlier in the thread, and understand the criticisms of him on last nights showing (albeit it was sloppy midfield passes that led to FB's being caught out of position).

He's improved since arriving and now more presence in final third and decision making are areas for him to work on.

Show him some love, God knows how the situation at home must affect him, Myko just needs time.
Obviously his output going forward isn’t great but defensively he’s been decent one bad game doesn’t make him an issue. Like you say to move into a new league and war kick off in his country yet he’s been a breath of fresh air since arriving

Antony gave him a tough time last night but I think he will give a lot of defenders problems hence his price tag. He is a good defender but he looked uncertain last night. With only Coleman at right back there has got to be more emphasis on him getting on the ball and creating chances going forward.

Antony gave him a tough time last night but I think he will give a lot of defenders problems hence his price tag. He is a good defender but he looked uncertain last night. With only Coleman at right back there has got to be more emphasis on him getting on the ball and creating chances going forward.

Yeah Antony was the best winger he has faced so far. Very clever winger, knew when to stay out wide and when to cut in. Mykolenko got a better grip on him 2nd half but by then the damage was done

I didn't think he was bad last night - stopped Anthony from playing (aside from the goal where he'd made the move forwards before Gana lost the ball - totally not at fault).

I think his biggest issue (which makes him look bad in the eyes of the less familiar full back fan) is that (predominantly) Gray (but also Gordon) doesn't pass on the overlap (or actually at all) and therefore after 15 runs where you should be getting the ball and you're not, you tend to know that the only place you will get the ball is a pass-back outlet for when Gray runs down one of his blind alleys.

Defensively I think he's sound. Only times he struggled when it was a 2v1 against Antony and Dalot because Gray or Gordon didn't track back to help him.

Going forward he's a massive concern though. Modern game needs fullbacks who can be outballs and get the ball up the pitch and into the box. He always looks back or sideways as his first option. Absolutely NEED to do whatever we can to get that out of his system otherwise he'll never be a long-term success here.

Defensively I think he's sound. Only times he struggled when it was a 2v1 against Antony and Dalot because Gray or Gordon didn't track back to help him.

Going forward he's a massive concern though. Modern game needs fullbacks who can be outballs and get the ball up the pitch and into the box. He always looks back or sideways as his first option. Absolutely NEED to do whatever we can to get that out of his system otherwise he'll never be a long-term success here.
I'm not sure he has it in him tbh, I like him I just think he is a very, very basic player that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.