2022/23 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we need a solution for Saturday, McNeill performed really well at wing back but a back 5 means keane starting. Could McNeill play left back? It's quite a step from wing back if he's never played there

Real quandary this.

Myko gone makes us more vulnerable on the left.

Move McNeil back with Gray in front and we are both more vulnerable and less dangerous.

Replace Myko with a centre-back and we also have problems (e.g. Holgate).

Um...I'd be tempted to move a defensively capable midfielder there - Garner, Onana ?

I dont think the issue is 'can McNeil cover for Mykolenko?' as much as it is 'Can Gray cover for McNeil?'
Yeah that is obviously the major problem with that, tho Gray has definitely got better with his work-rate since being here.
But is this really any worse than how Godfrey and Holgate have done since being used.
Godfrey and keane's confidence is completely shot now. And Holgate just doesn't realise he's not capable of performing any role.

You could bring Iwobi over to help the cover and put Gray on the right but I just don't like Gray on the right.

We get an early goal and we can gradually look at Introducing Onana just to completely solidify things up in the centre.

Anyway we know dyche wouldn't dream of it anyway....

Real quandary this.

Myko gone makes us more vulnerable on the left.

Move McNeil back with Gray in front and we are both more vulnerable and less dangerous.

Replace Myko with a centre-back and we also have problems (e.g. Holgate).

Um...I'd be tempted to move a defensively capable midfielder there - Garner, Onana ?
The centre of the pitch is where this game will be won or lost, so no moving there...

If Godfrey's fit thats where the change will be coming..

Another example of our joke of a recruitment policy.

Haven't produced a half decent LB backup who's available when needed. Oviedo being the last decent one I can recall if not for his leg break.

We also did not try to invest in a left footed CB that could have slotted into LB. Distin was 10 years ago!

Looks like we need a solution for Saturday, McNeill performed really well at wing back but a back 5 means keane starting. Could McNeill play left back? It's quite a step from wing back if he's never played there

Keane in a back 3 with Mina doesn't worry me as much as Keane in a CB pairing without Mina tbf. I think it's the way we have to go unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.