2022/23 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not good enough one assist of an assist doesn’t change that. He’s young enough to improve but right now Godfrey stays in for me
I like Godfrey but from what I've seen of him to date he doesn't offer much going forward and whist I like his pace in recovery, he does seem to get caught out, i.e. yesterday's penalty. So I'd got with Micky for no but isn't it great to have some competition starting to emerge for places.

Where do people think Godfrey should play as I see him as a CH and not FB?

I like Godfrey but from what I've seen of him to date he doesn't offer much going forward and whist I like his pace in recovery, he does seem to get caught out, i.e. yesterday's penalty. So I'd got with Micky for no but isn't it great to have some competition starting to emerge for places.

He is a better FB than a CB (only CB in a 3) but still not good enough to take a FB place

As a backup jack of all trades at this point. Not good enough to be a regular starter in any of those roles, decent enough for a makeshift one.

He'll do well next to someone like Tarkowski as a cb I guess to compensate pace, but he's 100% getting targeted heavily if he plays there.

His dad was a rugby player so prop forward, he's not a footballer.

Reece James made both our players at LB look like amateurs. Was really impressive honestly. I don't think I've seen Mykolenko get torn apart that much from anyone else.

Just pros and cons against various different players. Mykolenko defends one v one in the box better than Godfrey and can find a better pass with his left foot. There was one ball across the pitch though to a Chelsea forward who has a yard start on Godfrey and Godfrey just ran him out of play when if it was Myko we’re probably in trouble.

I think both are pretty useful to be honest. I’d like to see us integrate Godfrey somewhere and get him playing regularly because pace can be key at the top level. In an ideal world it would be for him and Branthwaite to take over from Tarkowski Mina Keane in a few seasons as long term centreback pairing but Godfrey hasn’t done enough in that position to warrant it yet and we can’t try him there in a relegation run in.

Mykolenko is good enough for what we need. We don’t need our fullbacks playing like Alves and Jordi Alba. Look at City who have tightened up playing Ake and Walker two fullbacks who don’t try and cross the ball. Under Dyche it will be staying compact, blocking crosses, stopping shots, and using the ball sensibly. Mykolenko can be very good at all these things

I'd start getting Godfrey as a DM/Sweeper. Mykolenko is sound and all these little rats who watch two bad performances don't have a clue about the game. The lads been sound there bar a few poor games but haven't they all had bad games? He gets into better teams that most of our squad that's a fact.

He can also eat his dinner in a fancy restaurant.

I'd start getting Godfrey as a DM/Sweeper. Mykolenko is sound and all these little rats who watch two bad performances don't have a clue about the game. The lads been sound there bar a few poor games but haven't they all had bad games? He gets into better teams that most of our squad that's a fact.

I really wouldn’t want Godfrey in midfield in a Premier league match. Holgate is bad enough and he’s a far better footballer.

I don’t rate mykolenko at all but think he’s better at left back solely for the fact he’s got a left foot and hate seeing full backs play who aren’t the correct foot for that side as the passes don’t make it down the line and as showed by mykolenko that ball into doucoure doesn’t happen with godfrey there.

Reece James made both our players at LB look like amateurs. Was really impressive honestly. I don't think I've seen Mykolenko get torn apart that much from anyone else.
He only come on at 84mins and still managed to set up the passage of play for the equaliser. Bit much to say he was torn apart in the 10-11 minutes he was on the pitch.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.