2022/23 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is technically our best player on the evidence of the last two seasons. That is a poor indictment of the recruitment. Clamouring for his replacement is a poor and desperate scapegoating exercise. Baines had Pienaar in front of him to link up play. Mykolenko has had to put up with the combination of Gordon and Gray both selfish and ultimately poor wingers. Dyche has been right to drop Gray for McNeil and we are seeing better link up play from the pair which is contributing to the increased XG.

Is technically our best player on the evidence of the last two seasons. That is a poor indictment of the recruitment. Clamouring for his replacement is a poor and desperate scapegoating exercise. Baines had Pienaar in front of him to link up play. Mykolenko has had to put up with the combination of Gordon and Gray both selfish and ultimately poor wingers. Dyche has been right to drop Gray for McNeil and we are seeing better link up play from the pair which is contributing to the increased XG.
That might be true but it’s also clear that when Mykolenko plays the XHf also goes through the roof.

By technically do you mean as in technical footballer?

If so, his technical play is very, very poor. Limited passing at best, can't cross a ball, has to take a touch to move the ball most of the time.

He's definately more defensive full back, but his major problem with that athe moemnt is he either tends to have a solid game, or a dreadful game, nothing steady.

I think you have been watching a different bloke to me. ‘Technically our best player’? Literally no idea what you are basing that on, he’s incredibly limited.

That's a strange quote!

I don’t see any technical limitation in his play but the opposite. Mykolenko basically has (or had) no one in front of him with any nous or desire to link up play (Gordon; Gray) nor any target man to whip a ball into first time.

Hence, frustration builds when the ball is shifted to him and no end product because it is unreasonable for a left-back to double as a winger and then treble as no. 9 striker!

McNeill recently has offered another dimension. Hopefully it continues with Godfrey in place of Mykolenko.

I don’t see any technical limitation in his play but the opposite. Mykolenko basically has (or had) no one in front of him with any nous or desire to link up play (Gordon; Gray) nor any target man to whip a ball into first time.

Hence, frustration builds when the ball is shifted to him and no end product because it is unreasonable for a left-back to double as a winger and then treble as no. 9 striker!

McNeill recently has offered another dimension. Hopefully it continues with Godfrey in place of Mykolenko.

P.S.

Godfrey: -1 unforced error giving away stupid penalty
Mykolenko: +1 XG

Being the thrust of my general sentiment here…

Should play in front of godfrey....Godfrey is doing OK but he has zero ability with the ball. Mykolenko is limited but much better passer of the ball and more aware of where he is from a positional sense as played left back most of his career.
Gets a bad nosebleed when he crosses the halfway line so it’s a big “no” from me. Also, on current evidence Godfrey should be nowhere near this team. Myko is the lesser of two evils at LB.

Why? Since Godfrey came in we've not lost a game.

Myko is dog poo
Remind me who played at left back when we played the league leaders at home and won? Godfrey has done OK but he is no left back, in fact I have no idea what his position is because at cb he is not very good, and when he played right back in the past he wasn't very good either.

Should play in front of godfrey....Godfrey is doing OK but he has zero ability with the ball. Mykolenko is limited but much better passer of the ball and more aware of where he is from a positional sense as played left back most of his career.
The latest thing though seems to be to play with 3 CB and a FB (City and Arsenal) so I can see why he is keeping his place for the moment. Not a permanent solution I hope though.

Remind me who played at left back when we played the league leaders at home and won? Godfrey has done OK but he is no left back, in fact I have no idea what his position is because at cb he is not very good, and when he played right back in the past he wasn't very good either.
Not saying Godfrey is the answer because he's not, he's better than myko though. He's an really really bad full back.

Status
Not open for further replies.