2022/23 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how much the crap going on back home has hit him in close season. Last season he trained and played and we supported him and he got through it. Now I wonder how he is coping.

After watching the Ben Stokes documentary you can see it is easy to struggle.

It's a good point mate. They targeted Patterson for sure but didn't get any change out of Mykolenko.

He's definitely no more than a 6/10 7/10 kind of player as he just doesn't seem to have that drive/confidence, but he's working hard and not lacking in effort.
I don’t think it was anything to do with our fullbacks, just Harrison is their form man and they tried to get the ball to him as much as they could. Just happened he plays on Paterson’s flank. Myko is a 5 or 6 out of 10 player, needs to be doing more.

Looks very green. Seemed to give the ball away a lot.

However, this is why it’s good to have another option. Young players need competition and to be taken out the team if they struggle

And patience, be nice to have a less stressful season so we can have patience with these younger players

It's a good point mate. They targeted Patterson for sure but didn't get any change out of Mykolenko.

He's definitely no more than a 6/10 7/10 kind of player as he just doesn't seem to have that drive/confidence, but he's working hard and not lacking in effort.

I think it’s a good balance in a 4 though. Patterson is much more interested in bombing on and you can’t have both full-backs like that without an insane midfield.

I think it’s a good balance in a 4 though. Patterson is much more interested in bombing on and you can’t have both full-backs like that without an insane midfield.

Considering Patterson apparently couldn't defend, had his best game in a flat back 4 bodes well. Mcneil has his beat game defensively as well and even though that's not his job, it was more than he's shown the last 4 games and they worked well together. That bodes well for the future.

This guy is pony. Only getting worse. Did well back end of last year but has regressed badly so far. Can’t stop a cross at all. Positionally shocking aswell today, constantly getting told what to do by Pickford, coady and tarks defensively. He either was too wide or not tight enough time and time again.
Agree. We all want him to do well but he just isn't very good sadly. There's only so long he can dine out over his excellent volley against Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.