2022/23 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

He was good today, the thing is, limited players will always do better when the tactics are kept simple. Our players, by and large, are limited. Dyche has been around the block enough times to realise their limitations and set up accordingly. I'm not saying we will stay up, that's in the lap of the gods, because we lack so much quality, but, I don't think we will be relegated by Easter, which I was beginning to believe we would be under Lampard.

Great to see Dyche see's him as a fullback and not a wingback. A few others were allowed to play their natural games too, Doucoure, Mcneil, among others. And it showed. Simplicity with players playing in their comfort zone for once.

He's defensively very assured and few get the better of him. He's just terrible going forward but that's not a problem in a dogfight.

Gotta call it fair, have been critical and a bit further of what I thought was a knackered cart horse, today stuck to the defending and it showed. Solid midfield trio closing options and running down space, suddenly the flanks look less pressured. Who knew...

Voted him my MOTM today. Think he played well first half but he was too far away to tell. 2nd half he was playing right in front of us and he played really well keeping Saka under tight control.

Well played Myko!

Status
Not open for further replies.