2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mykolenko was erratic last night. I put the two Palace goals down to him. Left his man to get a header off for the first Palace goal; second goal I think came off him and into the net.

He's very willing, but he needs to add a lot more quality to his crossing and general distribution of the ball.
Yeah but the two goal gift to Palace added to the drama, a wel wrote scipt, nice one Myko

Mykolenko was erratic last night. I put the two Palace goals down to him. Left his man to get a header off for the first Palace goal; second goal I think came off him and into the net.

He's very willing, but he needs to add a lot more quality to his crossing and general distribution of the ball.

Distribution can improve, near and tidy that's all, tackling for me is excellent so is his ability to get up and down the pitch, decent pace as well. I would personally give him free kicks on the left, he has a reply good delivery. Bit harsh on him to blame him for both goals last night in my view.

Lost his man for the first goal but reasonably solid otherwise. The big area for improvement is going forward. If Frank is going to persevere with the back 5 next season there is huge emphasis on the wingbacks getting forward and getting involved in the attack. Not sure he’s quite good enough going forward at the moment if that’s the system we’re going to be playing.

He needs to improve going forward but I think he will. Really liked how he used his pace to get past two opponents yesterday near the end of first half (before making a decent cross). And when he is defending 1v1 I just have that feeling of confidence – like, let’s see who can get past him! :D
Anyway, now that we ARE staying in the PL, I’ll just leave it here: this lad is going to be the best left back in Premier League for the next ten years or so :drunk:
Fingers crossed that everything goes well and, most important of all, his homeland can return to a peaceful life soon.

Not convinced that he can do that again regularly. Once in a season wonder goal, not part of his repertoire I think.

He actually had a very similar goal playing for his previous team, been shown around on here recently. So definitely has it in his locker.

Was going to say the same...for anyone who hasnt seen the goal its close to a carbon copy of his recent "wonder goal".

Status
Not open for further replies.