2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good enough and his poor play particularly early on is a big part of the reason why we struggled to stay up. Unless he plays ‘out of his skin’ on a weekly basis - which no one does - he’s much more of a liability than an asset.

Like I said he reminds me of a throwback footballer, an anachronism in the modern game.
With all due respect. What absolute rubbish

Not good enough and his poor play particularly early on is a big part of the reason why we struggled to stay up. Unless he plays ‘out of his skin’ on a weekly basis - which no one does - he’s much more of a liability than an asset.

Like I said he reminds me of a throwback footballer, an anachronism in the modern game.

Im beginning to think youre another poster that doesnt actually watch the games...

Mykolenko was erratic last night. I put the two Palace goals down to him. Left his man to get a header off for the first Palace goal; second goal I think came off him and into the net.

He's very willing, but he needs to add a lot more quality to his crossing and general distribution of the ball.

Mykolenko was erratic last night. I put the two Palace goals down to him. Left his man to get a header off for the first Palace goal; second goal I think came off him and into the net.

He's very willing, but he needs to add a lot more quality to his crossing and general distribution of the ball.
Agree on the second part for sure. Generally doesn't look like he wants to put the ball into the box, and even on the occasions he does, like the cross to Richarlison, it was a terribly-hit cross that went behind the striker. I long for him to take some serious tips from Baines and Cole about the art of crossing a football. While they're at it better get Gordon in for extensive training on that as well.

Gotta cut this kid some slack regarding some of his off performances, it’s commendable the way he’s handled the pressure when you take into consideration his personal problems off the pitch, like Rico he gets the club & fans, more to come from him next season.

Agree on the second part for sure. Generally doesn't look like he wants to put the ball into the box, and even on the occasions he does, like the cross to Richarlison, it was a terribly-hit cross that went behind the striker. I long for him to take some serious tips from Baines and Cole about the art of crossing a football. While they're at it better get Gordon in for extensive training on that as well.
He pitches the ball into the box rather than whips it in. I cant understand how a professional player cant wrap their foot round a cross and get some pace into it. It's like Coleman on the other side. Both our FBs have poor delivery out wide.

Lampard needs to address that.

Showed some very encouraging signs of improvement during this close to the season. He'll hopefully benefit from a rest and a proper pre-season now.

Not his best night yesterday, but I feel like he improved a lot during the last 2 months. A break from football and a chance to clear his head and refresh will do him no harm. He's one of a number of players who will benefit from a full preseason and more time on the training ground.

I think he can be a good player next year if he keeps progressing

He was, could say that about most of our squad though.

Put in a good ball for the Keane goal at least.

He is still young, he should improve.

He was, could say that about most of our squad though.

Put in a good ball for the Keane goal at least.

He is still young, he should improve.
No problem with him as a defender. But needs to be part of attacking moves a lot more seamlessly than he is right now. It's alien to him from where he's come from.

He struggled to deal with the physicality of Ayew and the other Palace attackers, He pocketed Salah at Anfield but Ayew has maybe 15-20 pounds on him? and I thought he was just like, here kid, just gonna power on past you.

To be fair we were all getting abused by them big fellas- was it Mateta who knocked Coleman off the ball for their second goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.