2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
He definitely needs more time and he will get it.

But he has not impressed so far. Hopefully, with more games he can show why the club paid the big money for him.

needs to be brought up to speed, physically he needs to fill out a bit. Im sure he will be ok.

Digne is not a huge loss tbh, couldn't stand his defensive lapses - we should have got Targett in exchange though

That's the thing. Defensively we aren't any worse with Digne gone, which is an indictment on him. Was a good sale for good money, but creatively we're going to have to make up for it in time.

Sitting on the fence with this one, bad enough the manager that signs you because he gets rid of a fan favourite to one of his former Kopite captain. Signing manager gets sacked soon after. Then putting aside, new country injury and home country being at war. Think I'm happy to let him settle for several months longer before judging.

Firing in a few free kicks and crosses for goals is all and well...... but you are supposed to be able to defend. Digne was a false economy - defensively I was shocked at how bad he was for an international.

Villa fans are far from happy with him and most wish they kept Targett

"I've never seen a defender less interested in defending. Token efforts all game.

I'm all for compact shape and then spring out when the ball goes wide but this guy just let's crosses in for fun. No intent what soever.

I get the feeling if we lose 3-2 and he got an assist he'd be buzzing."

That is one comment I seen which I couldn't agree more with. Have a look at Lars Hendel on twitter..... its outrageous what Digne is either allowing him to do or suggesting he does.

He is not bothered about the team. Like it or not Benitez wanted him to defend and he wouldn't.

22, so should be in his prime now. Didn't join in with the banter and chat when JJK was talking to Gordon, almost like he didn't understand them. Seemed confused about our play at times, despite us being the most settled team with a solid, consistent plan. Seemed to have his mind on other things at times, what can be more important than beating a non-league side?

Bin him. If he's not already scoring goals for fun and better than Baines, then he never will be.

His father is fighting on the front line and some are on a forum putting the boot in because he didn't set the world on fire.

Have a bit of perspective eh lads?
There’s a balance to be found though to be fair. It’s perfectly understandable that he may not be in the right frame of mind to play at all, but if he’s ok to play then people have got a right to expect him to do it to an acceptable standard. Personally I thought he was fine but I’m not sure on the way some people want to treat him like a charity case.

There’s a balance to be found though to be fair. It’s perfectly understandable that he may not be in the right frame of mind to play at all, but if he’s ok to play then people have got a right to expect him to do it to an acceptable standard. Personally I thought he was fine but I’m not sure on the way some people want to treat him like a charity case.
A charity case?? So showing some empathy and not putting the boot in equates to treating him like a charity case?? Nonsense.

The balance of which you speak is reserving judgment. That's the balance.

A charity case?? So showing some empathy and not putting the boot in equates to treating him like a charity case?? Nonsense.

The balance of which you speak is reserving judgment. That's the balance.
Reserving judgement on his career yes, on an individual performance no. Some people are definitely treating him like a charity case. Like I say I can fully understand that he is going to be struggling and if he needed to go on gardening leave or something I’d be right behind it. If he plays though, we need him to play well (again, I’m not even saying he didn’t).

Reserving judgement on his career yes, on an individual performance no. Some people are definitely treating him like a charity case. Like I say I can fully understand that he is going to be struggling and if he needed to go on gardening leave or something I’d be right behind it. If he plays though, we need him to play well (again, I’m not even saying he didn’t).
No, reserving judgment on his ability as a footballer which many aren't on this forum.

Hang on was he even that bad?? What have I stepped into here in this thread.
I thought he looked allright but most of the play went down the right as we had townsend, patterson and Kenny out there. (I know Kenny was cb but he was much further wide and up the field than branthwaite was on the left side)

He looked ok first game or two. I think he's been poor since.

I dont think he'll offer us a big outlet down the left in terms of attack. It appears an uncomfortable duty for him. Kenny might secure that sport for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.