2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason this feller is getting doubted is because he was brought in during Benitez's spell.

Overall so far I'd say he's been 6/10.

He's a Ukrainian international with a lot experience even at his young age, he was on Guardiola's radar once, and he just needs clear instruction concerning what's expected of him. He'll do the rest.

I have no doubt he'll be a success here. Cole will bring him on nicely.
Where is all this positivity coming from
Haven’t sen this much positivity from Dave since the stadium thread , when he was positive it wouldn’t be built

The only reason this feller is getting doubted is because he was brought in during Benitez's spell.

Overall so far I'd say he's been 6/10.

He's a Ukrainian international with a lot experience even at his young age, he was on Guardiola's radar once, and he just needs clear instruction concerning what's expected of him. He'll do the rest.

I have no doubt he'll be a success here. Cole will bring him on nicely.

….no, it’s nothing to do with the previous manager, he’s getting doubted because of his performances. Nobody is doubting Gray or Townsend, two very decent looking signings.

Concerns were evident against Norwich, some of the basics were poor. Very weak aerially, poor movement with ball played in behind but most worryingly boots nailed to the turf, directly face-on with eyes on the opponent and not on the ball when his winger ran at him. He was never on his toes and at a slight angle. He was easy to pass when he gave away a free-kick on the edge of the box.

I dare not think about what you’d post if Patterson had hit that back pass straight to their striker in the middle of the goal.

Much too early to write the lad off but concerns are valid. As you suggest, it must help having Cole (and Baines) on the coaching staff.

Last edited:

….no, it’s nothing to do with the previous manager, he’s getting doubted because of his performances. Nobody is doubting Gray or Townsend, two very decent looking signings.

Concerns were evident against Norwich, some of the basics were poor. Very weak aerially, poor movement with ball played in behind but most worryingly boots nailed to the turf, directly face-on with eyes on the opponent and not on the ball when his winger ran at him. He was never on his toes and at a slight angle. He was easy to pass when he gave away a free-kick on the edge of the box.

I dare not think about what you’d post if Patterson had hit that back pass straight to their striker in the middle of the goal.

Much too early to write the lad off but concerns are valid. As you suggest, it must help having Cole (and Baines) on the coaching staff.
TBF, you're clueless about evaluating players.

Concerns are not valid after two games in a new league in a new country in a new team with rock bottom confidence.

Have a day off.

He's still got loooads of time on his side though Eggs and whilst the early signs are mixed he's got a high enough ceiling there by all accounts. At 22 he already has a bit more experience than most his age, albeit in a different country.

Size of his calves on the latest training video btw monster legs

c0df07eedb3f21b80d509286664e0b32.png

Status
Not open for further replies.