2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ducked out of the way for first goal and looked scarely one paced, but the kid needs time to settle in.
For his first game in a month the fact he was still giving options for the ball in extra time gives me faith he'll not be a shirker like half the signings we've made in past 5 years.
Disappointed not to see Patterson though watching the chuckle brothers down the right side first half.

Got absolutely shredded a few times and made some silly tackles. He also stood his ground well on a few occasions.

Basically, he did exactly what I expected to see from him tonight, and I'd not seen him play before or if I had I hadn't noticed him particularly. My expectation was all based on research into his numbers and how he stacked up against other defenders and he did exactly what those numbers show.

He's going to take time, I think a fair bit of time. I expect to see him and Godfrey interchanged a lot at left-back, and maybe it'll make people realise that no, Lucas Digne is actually quite good at defending compared to a lot of other full-backs.

But he's got a good 120 minutes under his belt and his debut was a win, that's good. He's the first choice for the role so let's hope he is developed right.

Very concerned with his lack of pace
He isn't quick off the mark but does have a good speed once he gets going. We defended so deep for much of tonight you don't really see that and then he didn't really get forward.

He stands his ground a lot and doesn't dive in. That's not necessarily a bad thing but he's going to have to be a bit nimbler and quicker to react because he got skinned a few times tonight. It'll come. Needs games and patience.

Thought he did ok considering he doesn’t speak English, first game and hasnt played or trained for a month. Going to conceded some pens with him though as he seemed to like just booting people.

He isn't quick off the mark but does have a good speed once he gets going. We defended so deep for much of tonight you don't really see that and then he didn't really get forward.

He stands his ground a lot and doesn't dive in. That's not necessarily a bad thing but he's going to have to be a bit nimbler and quicker to react because he got skinned a few times tonight. It'll come. Needs games and patience.
Full backs have to be quick, it’s one of the priorities!!! A decent ball to the right winger (and most are lightening quick) will have the run in him

Got absolutely shredded a few times and made some silly tackles. He also stood his ground well on a few occasions.

Basically, he did exactly what I expected to see from him tonight, and I'd not seen him play before or if I had I hadn't noticed him particularly. My expectation was all based on research into his numbers and how he stacked up against other defenders and he did exactly what those numbers show.

He's going to take time, I think a fair bit of time. I expect to see him and Godfrey interchanged a lot at left-back, and maybe it'll make people realise that no, Lucas Digne is actually quite good at defending compared to a lot of other full-backs.

But he's got a good 120 minutes under his belt and his debut was a win, that's good. He's the first choice for the role so let's hope he is developed right.
Lol

Full backs have to be quick, it’s one of the priorities!!! A decent ball to the right winger (and most are lightening quick) will have the run in him
He's not slow, but he's not as quick as Digne so people will have to get used to that (and Digne is by no means rapid).

He also isn't aggressive in the tackle, as I said a few days ago. I think people assumed that because he's Ukrainian he's going to be some mad, hard b*****. He likes to wait and stand his ground. Again, that's a good trait, but he waited a bit too long on occasions tonight and got punished. That'll come with experience of playing in England, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.