2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
….terrific goal at Leicester but I’m seeing more negatives than pluses at both ends of the pitch in this lads game.

One terrific cross last night but was wasteful most of the time in good attacking positions. Cleared one rebound off the keeper but defensively he looks like a full back you’d be chuffed to play against.

i like him, seems a lovely lad but he’s a long way from being as good as Digne as an attacker and defender. One poster ridiculously called him a ‘great player’ but he also said the same about Michael Keane & adored Benitez.

We’ll know more next season.

Havent actualy seen any oppostion tear him apart though. Perhaps need to stop comparing him to digne. Who btw isnt any better than mykolenko defending. The clear and obvious is joining in with attack. Which digne was good at. But he's 5/6 years on this lad.
As of right now im not concerned going into a season with him at left back. For all the turmoil going on around him and moving to another league and country i think he's more than shown enough for it not to be a concern. We've far more bigger issues in other positions. By a long way.

Havent actualy seen any oppostion tear him apart though. Perhaps need to stop comparing him to digne. Who btw isnt any better than mykolenko defending. The clear and obvious is joining in with attack. Which digne was good at. But he's 5/6 years on this lad.
As of right now im not concerned going into a season with him at left back. For all the turmoil going on around him and moving to another league and country i think he's more than shown enough for it not to be a concern. We've far more bigger issues in other positions. By a long way.

Agree with this on the whole - I think what might end up becoming an issue with him is if we are relying on our full backs for attacking width, he doesn't seem like he has *that* much about him.

He uses the ball well and I don't have any real issues with him defensively - in fact I'd say he's a step up from Digne in that regard. Has better recovery pace and is more tenacious. If we persist with 343 next season though, I can eventually see him being an issue as a wing back. As a conventional full back though, I think he's absolutely fine from what we've seen. Still think we need to buy an actual left back as cover though - Kenny 100% is not enough on this and we know nothing about how the club view Nkounkou

Agree with this on the whole - I think what might end up becoming an issue with him is if we are relying on our full backs for attacking width, he doesn't seem like he has *that* much about him.

He uses the ball well and I don't have any real issues with him defensively - in fact I'd say he's a step up from Digne in that regard. Has better recovery pace and is more tenacious. If we persist with 343 next season though, I can eventually see him being an issue as a wing back. As a conventional full back though, I think he's absolutely fine from what we've seen. Still think we need to buy an actual left back as cover though - Kenny 100% is not enough on this and we know nothing about how the club view Nkounkou

Fair points.
Only looked at how he was getting on at liege with appearences. Didnt look good. He was dropped a few times at the tail end of the season in a side that wasnt doing well.
Still young but his development looks to be stuttering.

Fair points.
Only looked at how he was getting on at liege with appearences. Didnt look good. He was dropped a few times at the tail end of the season in a side that wasnt doing well.
Still young but his development looks to be stuttering.
I think he was dropped because he wasn't going to be staying next season. Once they were looking safe they started to look towards the future I suppose.

….terrific goal at Leicester but I’m seeing more negatives than pluses at both ends of the pitch in this lads game.

One terrific cross last night but was wasteful most of the time in good attacking positions. Cleared one rebound off the keeper but defensively he looks like a full back you’d be chuffed to play against.

i like him, seems a lovely lad but he’s a long way from being as good as Digne as an attacker and defender. One poster ridiculously called him a ‘great player’ but he also said the same about Michael Keane & adored Benitez.

Lots to work on for him but he is now learning from 2 of the best Left backs in PL history from an already solid foundation.

He had a nervous start being thrown into a team that was struggling and had their backs to the wall but he became one of our more solid players and really important to us. I think defensively, he has looked more solid for us than Digne had looked in the previous year. Attacking wise, he will never be what Digne is, or Baines was etc but he offers overlaps, endless running and opens up the space for Gray to utilise.

I'm not judging him from playing against Wales as he was up against Bale wasn't he? Since his first few games for us, I haven't seen many players looking chuffed to be up against him or getting much joy down his side.

Like i say, lots to work on for him but good signs so far.

Quite a harsh assessment that.

Was defensively sound for us after his first few nervy games. I have no issues with him at the back and he's miles ahead of Digne in that regard.

His attacking output is a little bit of a concern though. Too often he gets the ball out wide and looks back or sideways first. Hoping this is just him getting used tot he pace of the league because his YouTube clips show him as being really progressive and exciting when going forward.

At 23, 6 months into his first move miles from him and given the current circumstances in his country, there's a lot to be happy about.

Quite a harsh assessment that.

Was defensively sound for us after his first few nervy games. I have no issues with him at the back and he's miles ahead of Digne in that regard.

His attacking output is a little bit of a concern though. Too often he gets the ball out wide and looks back or sideways first. Hoping this is just him getting used tot he pace of the league because his YouTube clips show him as being really progressive and exciting when going forward.

At 23, 6 months into his first move miles from him and given the current circumstances in his country, there's a lot to be happy about.

…I’m more concerned about his defending if I’m honest. Very flat footed in one-on-ones and poor in the air. Digne is a good deal better defensively, he was terrific in Villas final game at City.

Mykolenko has better size and athleticism, I’m sure we’ll see an improvement next season.

I think he was dropped because he wasn't going to be staying next season. Once they were looking safe they started to look towards the future I suppose.

Got to take your word for that. I just went through the fixtures and saw the team was struggling at a point they stopped playing him.
Tbh he's played 2 games for everton in the league cup. Its still almost impossible to rate him either way.

Got to take your word for that. I just went through the fixtures and saw the team was struggling at a point they stopped playing him.
Tbh he's played 2 games for everton in the league cup. Its still almost impossible to rate him either way.
Yeah exactly, and nothing before that either. He looked promising in the games he did play for us in my opinion but we can not just assume he will be ready to step in and provide squad depth every week. He is a complete novice at this stage of his career.

…I’m more concerned about his defending if I’m honest. Very flat footed in one-on-ones and poor in the air. Digne is a good deal better defensively, he was terrific in Villas final game at City.

Mykolenko has better size and athleticism, I’m sure we’ll see an improvement next season.

You have FSW to thank for that balls up.

Status
Not open for further replies.