2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the potential to be a really good all round full back.

Not bad going forward and pretty solid defensively. Has settled in really quickly, considering what he must be feeling like inside at times, with regards to non footballing issues.

Like this lad a lot, as the post above says his attitude is second to none. He has 2 full backs who were regarded as the best of their generation in the coaching set up, which obviously helps a lot. Can only see him going from strength to strength in both defensive and attacking departments.

Think if we play 3 at the back long term, he would really suited to be the left side of the 3

Hes played there before in Ukraine so makes sense.

Also enables us to sell another centre back while signing a more attacking left wing back.

Turning into a great buy this lad, get Patterson upto speed during summer and we will look a lot better especially when the new centre back arrives...He IS arriving lads isn't he? surely? oh pls ffs pls get a new CB Franky lad.

Turning into a great buy this lad, get Patterson upto speed during summer and we will look a lot better especially when the new centre back arrives...He IS arriving lads isn't he? surely? oh pls ffs pls get a new CB Franky lad.

Yes, he is arriving. His name is Sol Bamba.

I think Mykolenko would be better as a LWB if he could improve his final ball. His athleticism is perfect for that role.

He looks very strong as a 1 v 1 defender. While he is lanky there is a toughness to his game. I like how he knows how to use his body and hands to make the attacker work harder to beat him. He does this without fouling which is good to see.

He will need to add to his offensive game to become a top back but he does hint at the ability to put in a cross, unlike say Coleman, who even at his peak could only beat his man to the endline and put in a cut back ball to effectively cross. The fact that they do give Mykolenko chances to deliver from some free kicks show they believe there is good service in his locker.

I like him, and I want the coaches to really drill into him that he should be whipping the ball into the box if DCL is up there. No point going backwards when you look at the players we have out there; the best option is always to go into the box, because if he doesn't pass it forwards it's more than likely ending up behind the half way line within 5 seconds of it leaving his boot. He's got Ashley Cole as his coach, he cannot possible ask for anybody better to tell him what's needed as a left back in this league.

I like him, and I want the coaches to really drill into him that he should be whipping the ball into the box if DCL is up there. No point going backwards when you look at the players we have out there; the best option is always to go into the box, because if he doesn't pass it forwards it's more than likely ending up behind the half way line within 5 seconds of it leaving his boot. He's got Ashley Cole as his coach, he cannot possible ask for anybody better to tell him what's needed as a left back in this league.
absolutely if he could add some effective crosses to his game he could be a complete asset for us

Status
Not open for further replies.