2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
This lad is the sort of character we need more of. When you consider

*Young
*New country and league
*Joined at a time when the manager was disliked intensely by a substantial number of fans and results continued to be awful
*Replacing a player who was popular and rated by a number Evertonians
*Has not gone hiding in games despite a shaky start

Add all that to the most difficult situation which is what is happening in his country.

He’s got a lot to improve on but there is a player there for me and one with character.

He’s sound defensively but badly needs to offer more going forward.

Modern full-backs need to be able to get forward and put decent crosses in the box.

Had a really positive run in the first half which was pleasing to see. It's the biggest piece missing from his game but compare his performances now to the first couple of months and he's a different player.

Had a really positive run in the first half which was pleasing to see. It's the biggest piece missing from his game but compare his performances now to the first couple of months and he's a different player.

It’s funny cause coulda sworn everyone said he’s really good goin forward but a liability defensively.

It’s funny cause coulda sworn everyone said he’s really good goin forward but a liability defensively.

Was that before he arrived? I just couldn't imagine him being a good attacking full back right now but it can be improved on the training ground in terms of link up play with the wide man.

Thought he was great again today. It was notable when we went down to 10 that Brentford targeted our right hand side. Not much gets past him now.
Think he’ll be an asset against the pace of Eze or Zaha next week.
Agree with all of this. The thing that has impressed me with him is how rare it is to see him get done on defending and while there is clear room for improvement from an attacking perspective, it's something that will come in time regardless of what league we're in IMO. On the point of pace, I don't know about anyone else, but I find him to be quicker than he looks and it's probably a part of why he's difficult to beat when he's left 1 vs 1, which will be important against Zaha or Eze or A.N Other on Thursday. Definitely been one of few positives this season

He's looking like a solid left back, he's better defensively than as an attacker, but, he's quite useful going forward. He's not a Leighton Baines or a Lucas. Digne but hopefully once Patterson settles in we will have two young aggressive quick fullbacks who complement each other.

Old School defender, who would have looked good - maybe even one of the top - full backs about 30 years ago

When we were down to 10 it would have been up to the likes of him to provide some kind of rapid outlet on the counter - he offered absolutely nothing, same as against Watford.

Out of place in the modern game.

Old School defender, who would have looked good - maybe even one of the top - full backs about 30 years ago

When we were down to 10 it would have been up to the likes of him to provide some kind of rapid outlet on the counter - he offered absolutely nothing, same as against Watford.

He’s at the right club then because Everton have looked out of place in the modern game for the last thirty years.

He’s sound defensively but badly needs to offer more going forward.

Modern full-backs need to be able to get forward and put decent crosses in the box.
He's been doing that for weeks, but today, down to 10 men he had to be a bit more conservative.

Good lad him, we've got a good one here.

Been our MOTM or close to for the last 5 or so games. Did you watch the game today?

Probably our best signing for a couple of years, IMO

Anyone notice he lost his rag near the end of the game yesterday? Gave away a free kick in the corner in front of the park end by basically just volleying their lad after he'd had a couple of nibbles. It was defo a yellow, maybe even a red if you got the wrong ref, but got away with it.

Maybe I just had a good angle of it, but me and my mate both said "Oh ****" at exactly the same moment, assuming punishment was to follow.

In any case, I like him a lot. Still needs to add a bit more going forward but he's absolutely sound defensively and his attitude is brilliant. Plus he's of an age where he can still improve. He might never be Digne level in terms of what he gives us going forward, but I'm delighted with the progress he's making.

Status
Not open for further replies.