Villarreal 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwaysblue

Player Valuation: £15m
Just been watching the very brief highlights on EvertonTV. Still winds me up!

Lost to 2 cracking finishes in the first leg, got totally outplayed for about 70 mins in Spain and one of, if not the worst refereeing decision ever stopped us going to the next level. Not 100% we would have won, but we were all over them after Mikel's goal missed a few chances too.

I can't remember being as angry at a decision ever. Only for some Red****e knobhead to pipe up in the bar (I was working in Cyprus at the time) "What an embarrassment that shower are". A couple of my mates had to drag me out!

We missed our big chance there.

Thanks for listening :mad:

This game grates at me more than any other result.

I had to work a nightshift after this in London with a couple sh*te supporters and a manc, bad night.

They did reach the semi final...so there's no shame in that.

But the RS deserved a slap. They shouldnt have been in the competition that season.

i still blame pistone for one of there goals at goodison at the street end woeful defending as i recall

I remember watching this game, in Athens, in a small dingy place I was staying at. Went wild when Collina dissalowed Dunc's goal. Drowned my sorrows in a bar down the road. :p

I remember running round the house at 11 oclock that night as the goal went in celebrating,only to come back a minute later to see it had been disallowed and not knowing why at the time lol

Maybe that was our shot. Our current situation would suggest that :'(. Still hurts. I couldn't watch it for literally years. It's just our luck that we got the surprise package of the tournament who were only a penalty from beating arsenal and getting into the final. Just our ****ing luck.

Of all the teams to draw Villareal that year, we were mugged as well.

a remember the draw just hoping we wouldn't get liverpool (imagine the mayhem if they knocked us out on our first post heysel CL games), getting them slightly freaked me a bit.

like cadex i watched the away game on holiday with my pal, when he grinned as duncs goal was cheated out i had the impulse to bottle the kopite ****. it was only the loud laughing of some yorkie cocksucker that diffused the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.