Transfer Rumour Viktor Gyökeres

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's okay mate. My mate could be utterly wrong. Can't win with signings can we? They're either written off or hyped up.
I know. I would be a hopeless scout. I have to watch a player after signing repeatedly over months before deciding if they’re any good.

My views are all retrospective. As you say they are either good or bad. My default now though is they are bad.

I know. I would be a hopeless scout. I have to watch a player after signing repeatedly over months before deciding if they’re any good.

My views are all retrospective. As you say they are either good or bad. My default now though is they are bad.
There's some you can tell are players straight off. Pienaar immediately struck me as a clever inventive player, he wasdaddled with Jagielka and Neville in midfield at first. Others it can take a while. Jagielka looked horrible at first, but as above being played in midfield didn't help.

Dunno if you remember a left back / wing back called Neil Clement? Remember a mate who supports West Brom raving about him when in the Championship. Reckoned you could tell he was too good for that level. Problem was he wasn't quite good enough for the Premier League, so was just meh the following season. Same mate was less effusive lol.

It's always a gamble on players stepping up. And they ain't that cheap from the lower leagues these days.

When asked by CoventryLive about the reports, the City boss insisted, as he did a few weeks ago: “Viktor is going nowhere. I can tell you now he is going nowhere in January. Absolutely no chance. I’ve spoken to Vik.”

Status
Not open for further replies.