VAR and Goal celebrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spart

Player Valuation: £500k
Last night proved just how much VAR is taking all the joy out of celebrating a goal now with both the first two decisions being over-turned long after Richarlison and his team-mates had finished celebrating scoring. So much so that I think the celebrations for his third goal were a bit muted as most in the ground nervously eyed the screens for trouble.

By way of a protest (and a bit of a pisstake), I think the team should all do one of those big choreographed goal celebrations next time we score. Instead of running to the crowd and jumping over each other to show their joy, they should all try to suppress their emotions, run as a team up to the VAR video screen at the side of the pitch and then stand around it, arms folded awaiting confirmation that the goal is OK.

Last night proved just how much VAR is taking all the joy out of celebrating a goal now with both the first two decisions being over-turned long after Richarlison and his team-mates had finished celebrating scoring. So much so that I think the celebrations for his third goal were a bit muted as most in the ground nervously eyed the screens for trouble.

By way of a protest (and a bit of a pisstake), I think the team should all do one of those big choreographed goal celebrations next time we score. Instead of running to the crowd and jumping over each other to show their joy, they should all try to suppress their emotions, run as a team up to the VAR video screen at the side of the pitch and then stand around it, arms folded awaiting confirmation that the goal is OK.
A bit off topic but talking of goal celebrations, how stupid is it when players run around pulling their shirts off? It's a certain yellow and your only allowed five. Most of our scorers are our best players and it'd be too bad if they missed a really big match.

There should be daylight between the attacker and the defender for offside decisions, be arsed with all this you are getting a benefit if 2cm of your toe is ahead!

VAR should be there to stop miscarriages of justice like Terry's goal against us at Chelsea or if you were onside but the linesman incorrectly ruled you off.
The biggest problem with the offside law in its current guise is that it is not really serving its purpose.

It is in place to stop goal hanging and make the game better, calling offside because an attackers big toe is a centimetre ahead of the defenders kind of defeats the purpose of the rule.

The biggest problem with the offside law in its current guise is that it is not really serving its purpose.

It is in place to stop goal hanging and make the game better, calling offside because an attackers big toe is a centimetre ahead of the defenders kind of defeats the purpose of the rule.

Exactly and the policing of this rule by VAR as it stands is killing football. You can't celebrate goals anymore. Just think how many of say Gary Lineker's goals would have been chalked off and others who used to play on the shoulder of the last defender because their foot or knee or head was an inch in front? Just a joke like most things in modern football.

I didn't celebrate it just in case.

VAR is ripping emotion from the game. Its a load of tripe.
Keep it for ball crossing the line only.
I wouldn't even have it for that.

Controversy is part of what made the game good for me. (well maybe not against the RS) something to discuss after the match etc. Taking that away yet weirdly still having the controversy with VAR is daft.

There has been a push in recent years to change football with certain rules etc, football is the most popular sport on the planet, did it really need changing?

I am shocked that VAR has not been sponsored yet. Give it time and then we will see it multiple times every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.