VAR and Goal celebrations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trouble is, and I'm sure someone has already said this, I thought VAR was only supposed to be used for a clear and obvious error. The 2 goals we had wiped out felt extremely harsh, like splitting hairs.

It comes across to me that VAR just want to put their mark on a match. They seem to spend several minutes looking at a goal trying to find a reason to disallow it.

Then to have opposition fans celebrate the disallowance really does destroy the spirit of the game.

Just another tool that can be manipulated in certain ways, pointless if they don't start using it as intended, clear and obvious should be that, if a player is almost level with the last defender to the point you can't separate them, then it isn't clear and obvious in my eyes and it is being used to referee the game still.

There should be daylight between the attacker and the defender for offside decisions, be arsed with all this you are getting a benefit if 2cm of your toe is ahead!

VAR should be there to stop miscarriages of justice like Terry's goal against us at Chelsea or if you were onside but the linesman incorrectly ruled you off.

Agreed.

I have come round to VAR a bit and I think the real problem is with the offside rule itself.

Being a big toe offside is clearly preposterous and needs amending.

Daylight betweem attacker and defender is a no brainer IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.