VAR and Goal celebrations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest problem with the offside law in its current guise is that it is not really serving its purpose.

It is in place to stop goal hanging and make the game better, calling offside because an attackers big toe is a centimetre ahead of the defenders kind of defeats the purpose of the rule.
I've been saying this for a while. The whole thing needs a complete overhaul not more tweaking to make it even more complicated than it already is. I liked the rule they used to have in 'soccer 6' where instead of offside, the pitch was divided into thirds. If the ball was punted from a team's own third into the other team's third without bouncing or touching anyone in the middle third then it was a free kick. That stops goal-hanging and makes the whole thing much simpler to understand than this 'was he interfering, was he a cm ahead nonsense'

they should pack it in next season. then at the end, have a vote on which people prefer. I'd much rather have the refs making mistakes than this cloud hanging over every goal. takes all the fun out of it.

It needs trialling and fine tuning like Hawkeye.

The goal line technology works perfectly.

They need to go to a lesser league, fine tune a perfect 360 on the pitch and if it takes seconds, it’s good to go.

You can’t have 2-3 minute delays, it completely disrupts momentum, and makes it so much more dull.

It needs trialling and fine tuning like Hawkeye.

The goal line technology works perfectly.

They need to go to a lesser league, fine tune a perfect 360 on the pitch and if it takes seconds, it’s good to go.

You can’t have 2-3 minute delays, it completely disrupts momentum, and makes it so much more dull.
5 seconds is too long for me. I want to see an effort on goal, and then an immediate decision. Otherwise I can't properly celebrate

You know what, I hate VAR, I accept that it was brought in to eradicate errors, but, it takes the spontaneity of the game.

In my opinion, your luck evens our over the season, you will both benefit and lose out on referee and linesmen's decisions far better that than having the game delayed constantly while VAR is consulted.

Footballers are human beings, officials are human beings and as such will be a capable of human error, but , football should be subject to such errors and not punctuated with constant VAR stoppages.

Sorry lads but I really hate it.

5 seconds is too long for me. I want to see an effort on goal, and then an immediate decision. Otherwise I can't properly celebrate

5 seconds is better than 2.5 minutes though.

Everyone celebrated an offside goal, it’s basically the equivalent.

I'm all for VAR catching obvious obvious errors . But I think if both goals were given, nobody would've complained, especially the second "offside" goal.
I think VAR has to accept that drawing those lines aren't the best indicator either.

What's going to happen is they will try to pursue for perfection and make the offside rules overly complicated - when it should've been just whether the player have a clear advantage in these situations? A tip of the boot and fingertip are not clear advantages.

This, did Gray get booked for it?, if so he should be fined
Well it made someone very happy..

BBAB6B85-B0F5-49AD-AFD1-4310222C5EB9.jpeg

It needs to benefit the attacking team, people want goals. If any part of your body is onside it should be a goal, not rewarding crap defending like it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.