Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree

Our fan base need to drastically lower their expectations

We are now a bottom half relegation type team, a and will be for the next 3 years.

We will be lucky if we don't end up like villa and Sunderland

All the teams around us will keep getting stronger while we will struggle to sign anyone
kin ell lower our expectations!!! ffs mate,how low do you want them have you watched Everton recently?

We have preconceptions.

When I grew up Everton were the greatest team in the world, we won trinkets, my son has grown and we havent won a sausage, but his Dad has told him how great we were, wiki has shown him all the trophies we won, I mean the first paragraph on Wiki tells us how great we are.

Everton Football Club (/ˈɛvərtən/) is a football club in Liverpool, England, that competes in the Premier League, the top flight of English football. The club have competed in the top division for a record 116 seasons, missing the top division only four times (1930–31 and three consecutive seasons starting with 1951–52) since The Football League was created in 1888. Everton have won 15 major trophies: the League Championship nine times (fourth most as of 2017–18), the FA Cup five times (ninth most) and the UEFA Cup Winners Cup once.

So of course, we have that extra thing, we have a proud history and for all the media bias we cry about, when we are good, we always get a good press, I think a lot of the media give us the respect we deserve.

So in my heart, we are still the greatest team in the world, but my head tells me its been 24 years since we last won a trophy and my head tells me that we are miles away from where we need to be, were we SHOULD BE and oh look, theres my heart again.
I agree we’re miles away from where we should be.

Jump in now Mr Usmanov, get Mourhino in at any cost and let's give him the rest of the season to get himself sorted and see who stays and who goes. then we may need to revise our ideas on transfer fees for some of the deadwood. A decent summer window and a world class manager at the helm would see us fly for a few seasons.
A world class manager who has pretty much failed in his last 2 premiership jobs with clubs spending more and a better squad

I had a nightmare the other night.....Watford had turned into Everton, with Cleverley on the bench and Delefeu scoring for fun...and Everton had turned into Watford, with a young Brazilian falling over a lot and a manager running out of steam after a dozen games........
Hang on. WAS it a nightmare?

Status
Not open for further replies.