Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anybody tested FFP against the law on anti competitive practices or restraint of trade?

I don't think it was enforced by the clubs so wouldn't constitute an abuse of a dominant position by a company in the marketplace ( by say a very large club e.g- though I don't know if any club is in fact sufficiently large to be subject to a abuse of dominant position presumption).

It's easy: half a billion wasted on rubbish players that cant be shifted for a fee; handing ridiculous levels of wages out to said rubbish players; tens of millions spent on employing and then sacking and compensating managers and DoF's the carpetbagger hired...all of that compounded by a failure to grow the business commercially and a failure of thre team to get to cup finals and place higher in the league.

It's a mess created by that clown Moshiri.

I seem to remember Spurs, Liverpool and City all wasting a load of cash on players to try and progress. The difference now is that players cost 5 times as much, so what was 100 million spunked up the wall is now half a billion.

You can't make an omelette without breaking any eggs and unlike when these clubs were spending millions trying to get into the ring we now have 6 huge established clubs with massive commercial arms to try and stay ahead of us. Harder to get in the CL, so it's harder to boost the income and attract players by being in it, therefore slower rate of progress. No one is perfect and can create a team from losers to winners in a few years without making mistakes. The RS went from Hodgson in 2010 to finally winning trophies in 2019 (discounting the fluky league cup win on pens). They had a much better starting position than us too.

I certainly much prefer being able to try and compete rather than pre-Moshiri just hope for a miracle. There has been waste no doubt but they have also looked to correct the mistakes as soon as possible.

I seem to remember Spurs, Liverpool and City all wasting a load of cash on players to try and progress. The difference now is that players cost 5 times as much, so what was 100 million spunked up the wall is now half a billion.

You can't make an omelette without breaking any eggs and unlike when these clubs were spending millions trying to get into the ring we now have 6 huge established clubs with massive commercial arms to try and stay ahead of us. Harder to get in the CL, so it's harder to boost the income and attract players by being in it, therefore slower rate of progress. No one is perfect and can create a team from losers to winners in a few years without making mistakes. The RS went from Hodgson in 2010 to finally winning trophies in 2019 (discounting the fluky league cup win on pens). They had a much better starting position than us too.

I certainly much prefer being able to try and compete rather than pre-Moshiri just hope for a miracle. There has been waste no doubt but they have also looked to correct the mistakes as soon as possible.

Great post, totally agree, hasn't helped with having four different managers buying their type of player in such a short space of

It's easy: half a billion wasted on rubbish players that cant be shifted for a fee; handing ridiculous levels of wages out to said rubbish players; tens of millions spent on employing and then sacking and compensating managers and DoF's the carpetbagger hired...all of that compounded by a failure to grow the business commercially and a failure of thre team to get to cup finals and place higher in the league.

It's a mess created by that clown Moshiri.

Moshiri has indeed sanctioned £460m in transfer fees but the club has also brought in at least £265m through player sales so Moshiri has spent around £190m on players when you take that into consideration in just under 4 years, as well seemingly wiping out debt. Fans wanted us to pay higher wages to attract better players and improving our income from commercial activity was never going to easy when you accept that we have only been in Europe 7 times in the past 25 years, one of those while Moshiri was in charge, and never in the CL proper. Do you give him credit for attracting Ancelotti?

Status
Not open for further replies.