USA and South America Market Growth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pab Laa

Player Valuation: £1m
Great move by the Blues... Are we finally about to be run like a professional business both inside and out... ?

The club has already seen support grow in both the USA and South America thanks to former players, official memberships and the growth of supporters clubs.

Everton were set to travel to the US and South America for friendlies because of this before the impact of COVID-19 stopped those plans.

Launch activity will see outdoor media and activations in Colombia and Miami, while there will also be enhanced distribution of merchandise through Fanatics.

The club now plans to open its first international office in the USA, with a final location of either Florida or Southern California still to be decided upon.

Dedicated social media accounts and web pages are also set to be launched in the coming days with bespoke content for a South american audience.

Everton's official website will have Spanish landing pages and both Spanish and Portuguese will become permanent additional languages in the coming weeks.

Great move by the Blues... Are we finally about to be run like a professional business both inside and out... ?

The club has already seen support grow in both the USA and South America thanks to former players, official memberships and the growth of supporters clubs.

Everton were set to travel to the US and South America for friendlies because of this before the impact of COVID-19 stopped those plans.

Launch activity will see outdoor media and activations in Colombia and Miami, while there will also be enhanced distribution of merchandise through Fanatics.

The club now plans to open its first international office in the USA, with a final location of either Florida or Southern California still to be decided upon.

Dedicated social media accounts and web pages are also set to be launched in the coming days with bespoke content for a South american audience.

Everton's official website will have Spanish landing pages and both Spanish and Portuguese will become permanent additional languages in the coming weeks.

Positive move and it’s good to be ambitious and try and grow a profile. It’s times like this though,you wish we hadn’t signed away anything but a small % of our sales to fanatics. But I suppose they have an international distribution network.

Last edited:
I won't hold my breath sadly, We could have placed our seeds all over the US when we had Howard and Donovan and we didn't.
It'll be nice if they pull it off this time since James has a gigantic following.
Very true, and they were instrumental in my discovering of Everton. But for all of their missed opportunities, they can still greatly increase the popularity here by still using those faces.

Throw out a few commercials, or a short sports documentary on Everton being the most american premier league club and they will see a big rise. Tim Howard and Landon Donovan talking about how much they love Everton will do wonders paired with a few clips of McBride, Joe-Max Moore, Preki etc to a Beatles soundtrack.

Really hope they do more with James. They really blew it not capitalizing more on the US market with Tim and Landon. Chelsea markets Pulisic alot. Hopefully in a few years they come back over here for a preseason tour. That 2013 game against Juve with the Stones Panaka was on TV over here and i think stones penalty made Sportscenter's top 10 plays that night

I won't hold my breath sadly, We could have placed our seeds all over the US when we had Howard and Donovan and we didn't.
It'll be nice if they pull it off this time since James has a gigantic following.

Agree.

Hopefully they'll pull their act together now, but I don't have hope.

Why was the quota to start a Portuguese language Twitter account at 3 Brazilians before it happened? They should have done it when we signed Richarlison. We should have already have Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese social media accounts. They don't even have the OS in another language.

Amazing really.

This is the same club that had the best player in South Africa , Australia , America , china (at one time) with a Thai sponsor and did nothing with it.

So refreshing to see us being ran by competent people now making actually good business decisions in terms of marketing. A breath of fresh air , kenwrights Everton would just be wondering why we aren't profiting after doing nothing at all about it.

The same club setting up American hq and trying to grasp the Colombian market now was the one who made Nike buy their shirts from us to be able to sell them in their own stores.

It's a step in the right direction and there's a couple of reasons why this can happen now

Ancelotti is a 3 time CL winner so has the pull to attract top players. This is his first window and he ain't doing a shabby job so far in attracting top players. He has ambition.

We've now got an absolute gemstone, a marketing dream in Rodriguez.

You have to have ambition, you need people at the the very top to match that ambition. With ambition you need a plan of action.

Maybe, just maybe we are about to get a lot of things right that in the past we've got very wrong.

It will be good to really promote the club now especially with James as main "star" ;-) there in Columbia and USA ;-) We announced a link up with 2 youth club set ups in America and in Australia a couple of months ago to get into the youth market for youth players ;-) Use Howard and Donovan etc as most well know although retired America stars in last 15 years andwould be impressive as they have strong personalities too rather than being boring ;-) James and Yerry Mina have that charisma too ;-) In Brazil, Allan with Richarlison, and to a degree Bernard, are popular and do we still have the Everton Chile link up? Do video chats or the guys hanging out around Liverpool etc and doing the EITC work and will be loved everywhere ;-)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.