Update from CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

toffee82

Player Valuation: £25m
Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or duplicated. Just received an email from the club, which I assume many others have too.

Looks like if season is voided or games are behind closed doors, season ticket holders will get refunded on the missed games (I've made the text bold).

I wanted to get in touch with you again as we prepare for a very different Easter weekend for us all.

Under normal circumstances, Easter is not only a time to be together with family and friends but an opportunity to enjoy football - and Everton - as part of our football family.

Over the years Easter has produced some great memories for us.

Who of a certain age can forget Wayne Clarke’s Easter Monday hat-trick against Newcastle United which moved us closer to our ninth league title in 1987?

Or Easter Sunday only last year when the sun shone on us at our beloved Goodison Park as we recorded our biggest win over Manchester United in the Premier League era with a 4-0 victory.

Before the coronavirus crisis, we would have been looking forward to this weekend and hoping Carlo and the players could create another special Easter memory by continuing our charge towards a European place with a positive result at Tottenham Hotspur’s splendid new home.

Such thoughts have become secondary as we have all had to accept the new reality of self-isolation and social distancing to protect ourselves, our loved ones and the NHS in order to save lives.

I have been moved by the many stories I have heard during this crisis of Evertonians displaying genuine care for others less fortunate than themselves in our community.

Everyone at Everton and Everton in the Community has been humbled by the countless kind offers from our fans to support our Blue Family campaign - and for the donations we have received which have gone directly towards helping those most in need.

Hundreds of fans donated to the campaign within hours of us launching Blue Family last month and this, together with the Club’s initial pledge of more than £50,000, has allowed us to help thousands of people.

Many of those we’ve assisted have needed emergency support – literally to be able to eat and to live.

To those supporters who have contributed, I cannot thank you enough. And to those supporters currently working in the NHS and other key worker roles, I would like to praise you again - on behalf of the Board of Directors and every Evertonian - for the great work you are doing for the nation in our time of need.

Additionally, I would like to express my immeasurable gratitude for the tireless efforts of my colleagues at Everton and Everton in the Community.

Their endeavour and work is enabling us to live up to our hard-earned reputation as ‘The People’s Club’, delivering on our deeply embedded Nil Satis Nisi Optimum values during these most challenging of times.

I know you will be wondering when football will be played again – and the impact, the timing and nature of our game’s resumption might have on your match tickets or Season Tickets.

With so much still unclear, I am currently unable to provide any update on this.

But I assure you that if games do not go ahead or matches are played behind closed doors, the Club will do the right thing in terms of refunds – just as we have tried to make the right decisions by paying our directly engaged matchday and non-matchday casual staff, extending our Season Ticket renewal deadline and introducing a payment holiday option.

We will continue to supply engaging Everton content for you over the weekend through our online channels. Don't miss our latest classic game watchback and an exclusive interview with our manager Carlo Ancelotti in the coming days.

Finally, please continue to follow the Government’s advice. Only go outside for shopping or exercise – or work if you are a key worker. Keep washing your hands and remain at least two metres apart from those outside your household.

And please also remember during these long, challenging days that this will pass.

We will be back at Goodison again.

We can look forward to meeting up with old friends and hearing that siren and the famous drum roll of Z-cars before we cheer on our Everton again… I’m getting goosebumps as I write this, so cannot imagine how emotional we will all feel when that time comes around again!

May I wish you and your family a happy Easter.

Warmest wishes,

Denise

20200410_235948.jpg

Not even arsed about season ticket refund. Instead of a refund, give that money to food banks , staff laid off, local community etc
It is a good idea to make it optional actually. If you need it back for whatever reason, claim it. If you are lucky enough to consider it “dead money long spent”, have club send it to those in need and add it to the efforts the club and supporters have made to support others.

Status
Not open for further replies.