Status
Not open for further replies.

Hantakun

Player Valuation: £1.5m
Sunderland away
Boro home
Bournmouth away
Palace home

... and a League Cup visit from Naismith & co of Norwich, before we face Man City at the Etihad on 15th October.

This is the kind of fixture list, winnable on paper, that we habitually made a mess out of under Martinez. What do we consider an acceptable outcome under Koeman? I guess I'd be ok with 8 league points and progression in the cup. A seven games unbeaten run to start the season could at its lowest mean only four points from four easy games, but would still send a message of increased defensive resolve.

(Yeah I know this kind of thread is an open invitation for the football gods to jinx us into spectacular failure. I just feel that after yesterday we're basically [Poor language removed] any way, might as well find something else than transfer clownery to talk about for a change. )

Quietly Confident in a big return - 10pts
Max at home
1 win 1 draw on the road
12 pts would be unbelievable yet very achievable baring injuries etc.

.........results in this league are so unpredictable that predictor threads usually end up in disappointment. It might be a cliche but look to the next game only. Sunderland will be tough, they've had a decent window and will be on a high.

As a benchmark, 25 points at Xmas is a good indicator.

One day three to go, if we can get out of this month unbeaten, going to City is going to be masssive. Between now and then they also have 2 Champions League games and a away game at Spurs, with our easier fixture list we could still be within reach of them!!!

Be boss if we kept winning.

Very achievable as well, just need to turn up for the full 90.

How things are different to last year when we were hoping to get through the first 10 games with enough points to start with, we have a chance to be top 4 in october!

Status
Not open for further replies.