Unsworth should have been kept in charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from you know, winning 4 odd on the bounce, going 7 unbeaten and getting our first away win in the league and a win in europe to save some grace.

Everyone seems to be ignoring how much that run benefitted us.

I am not advocating Sam is the man, however I can see that never would have happened under Unsy/Koeman

Its all opinion of course, but none of us can say categorically what might have happened.

Unsworth was out of his depth. Absolutely no one was saying he should still be in charge after those hidings off Atalanta and Southampton in the space of four days.

Unfortunately Unsworth was not the answer, the board made the very serious mistake of sacking Koeman when they hadn't a clue what they were going to do next.
We now have a situation were the manager they were willing to pay £10 million for is out there for nothing but they are afraid to bring him in because they wasted money on Fat Sam and his useless band of dinosaurs.

It all hinges on the W Ham game and who was most instrumental in concocting the victory
All Unsworth
Unsworth and the players
The players
Allardyce, Unsworth and the players
The players and Allardyce
All Allardyce
Or Moyes having no clue and Rooney having a blinder

We'll never know.

Exactly

Overall it was a must win game or we'd be in the bottom 3 if we'd have lost.

Rooney turned up.

Apart from you know, winning 4 odd on the bounce, going 7 unbeaten and getting our first away win in the league and a win in europe to save some grace.

Everyone seems to be ignoring how much that run benefitted us.

I am not advocating Sam is the man, however I can see that never would have happened under Unsy/Koeman

Definitely agree with this.

Sam is a horrendous person and I want him gone in the summer, but I consider him a ‘necessary evil’ to get us out of a pretty horrendous rut.

People’s memories are short, but I sat through Koemans and Unsys sides at Goodison every week and the performances were spineless under both, we were in big trouble.

Unsy is a good guy and if he goes and has massive success elsewhere I’ll be happy for him, but I can’t see it, his tactical decisions and man management were poor.

Ludicrous to say Unsie should have had the job. Talk about clutching at straws, wise after the event etc. What about the handsome fella sacked by Watford? Just get 4 more points and pay him off. But do not give Unsie the job

I'm not sure really I think Allardyce was doing well until Chelsea in my opinion, up until then we'd played alright grinding out results, however after that game we've been garbage. We are a mess on and off the pitch, we should of brought in players like Kolarov, Redmond, Walcott, Giroud, Dembele and Tadic, I think we'd be in a much better position. Keane isn't a bad defender, he just plays with bad players, such as Williams, and Martina. He gets no help from our defensive midfielders who can't defend, nor can they pass a ball forwards, which means we're constantly under pressure. We were left with really average players such as Mirallas, Lennon, Snides, Gueye, Klassen, Sandro, Sigs and a few others which is why we've done so awfully. Unsworth and Allardyce aren't too blame for this, it's the failure to build a balanced side that has caused this. This decision to loan out Lookman and bring in Tosun a play with PL experience is also costing us.

..I guess we got beat yesterday.

When I think of Unsworth tenure, I think of Southampton away and it doesn’t get any worst than that. I think of Joe Royle coming down from the stands to whisper advice in his ear. I fear we’d have definitely been relegated.

Under Sam Arsenal away that team was beat before the kick off with his team selection- also the youth players Unsworth introduced only Tom Davies has just about kept his place - Snides still appears on the bench when our fans publically boo him - big Sam yesterday his build up to the substitutions took an age Players looking to the bench in midfield wondering who was coming off - Watford seized the indecisiveness and scored in that period !
So much so he changed his mind on who was coming on ?
What's DCL - Holgate - Beni - Lookman done so wrong not to get into that team of pensioners?
Unsworth imo could have held the tenure for a bit longer till our board searched for the right manager - ineptness to backtrack on Sam fetching in larger backroom staff has,and will backfire!
The football is dire the away form is disgusting get rid of Sam ASAP!.......

Last edited:
Under Sam Arsenal away that team was beat before the kick off with his team selection- also the youth players Unsworth introduced only Tom Davies has just about kept his place - Snides still appears on the bench when our fans publically boo him - big Sam yesterday his build up to the substitutions took an age Players looking to the bench in midfield wondering who was coming off - Watford seized the indecisiveness and scored in that period !
So much so he changed his mind on who was coming on ?
What's DCL - Holgate - Beni - Lookman done so wrong not to get into that team of pensioners?
Unsworth imo could have held the tenure for a bit longer till our board searched for the right manager - ineptness to backtrack on Sam fetching in larger backroom staff has,and will backfire!
The football is dire the away form is disgusting get rid of Sam ASAP!.......

Looks like you were right about Unsy Joseph

Status
Not open for further replies.