Unreserved Seating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the days of the lower gladdy being all unreseverved?

Would a return to that being about a better atmosphere?

All those who wanted to could move and get together to shout.
I used to go in the paddock stand, pretty sure that was unreserved as well. Mind you in those days you could have your pick of seats, so I may have got confused between empty and unreserved lol

I'd be well up for this safe standing lark (not sure if unreserved safe standing would be a thing?).

Unsure whether it'd help the atmosphere at games - but a smidgen closer to the terrace style (safely) could surely only help?

Remember the days of the lower gladdy being all unreseverved?

Would a return to that being about a better atmosphere?

All those who wanted to could move and get together to shout.
There was a palpable effect on the atmosphere of all grounds when the terraces where outlawed, Singing and chanting always emanated from the terrace and never the stands.
There is more singing away partly because you stand up with your mates and ignore seats and numbers.
I always found the unreserved seating used at the outset a far better option and certainly alleviated some of the resultant loss of atmosphere.
A far better solution long term would be a return to standing , even if only ‘safe standing’.

Still happens in some of the lower league games. I went to a Nottingham Forest away game and it was unreserved. Tickets had seat numbers, but stewards on entry were vocal that it was unreserved - meant the fans bunched up.

Event management.

People like to sit with their friends and family without worrying about rushing to the ground - and have done for years.

Without a;located seating, people could take your seat at half time, arguments, and sadly football attracts some of the worst people who could force you to move.

How would it improve the atmosphere? Gonna start singing more because I'm by a different person.

H&S is massive now, no way would they not allocate a seat per person.

Status
Not open for further replies.