Understanding the Turkish press on Topol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed This friday claiming we've submitted a Euro10m bid for Topal.
And that after his dismal performance in GS's trouncing by Steau the club are seriously looking to cash in on him.
Worryingly it also mentions that he's surplus to requirements as they have Linderoth who plays so well in that position. Er.

On an equally comic note This implies we're looking in the wrong league.
Seems German clubs are so stingey they supply players with houses, the rooms of which as so small they can choke on them.
You have to hope it was fursnished with something tasty from Ikea.

CROSSED TO THE OTHER SIDE AND CAME BACK, I'VE SEEN LOVE

Umit Ozat, FC Koln's (Cologne) Turkish player, who had a close brush with death when his lounge blocked his trachea in the 26th minute of the game against Karlsruhe, told Hurriyet that he did not know he was loved so much.
Ozat said he was touched when he learned about the tears shed and the prayers made for him by the worried crowd in the stadium.
Ozat said he did not remember anything after he was black out. "I opened my eyes in the ambulance. I learned what happened afterwards. Thousands of people called. My team mates and opponents sent "get well soon" messages.
"They told me about Mondragon's tears, and the applause coming from the spectators. When people learned that I was well, they expressed their happiness with applause. Coach Daum rushed to the hospital after the game. He hugged me like a father. We cried for several minutes," said Ozat.

Status
Not open for further replies.