Understanding the Turkish press on Topol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bainsey, you are crying out for players on every thread yet here you are turning your nose up at an argentine international.(n)

still want a player, just not convinced at paying around £9million for a 29 year old.

Moutinho and Topol alongside each other could work perfectly. Moutinho is going to need a pyshical presence next to him in order to succeed in the premiership. Together they should work perfectly.
My only concern is that signing these two is looking like £25m gone on two players.
When you think we need at least 6 new faces to have a reasonably sized squad (still on the small side) I cant see where money for the other 4 is going to come from.
We would still need a striker, a 4th choice CB, a back up GK and another midfield option to make up numbers... We cant just loan them all in!

Depends how much he rates the 3 that are most likely to come through this season.

Rodwell
Gosling
Baxter

Baxter less so but we will have James back and if he can stay relatively injury free then that is good considering we will more than likely play 4-5-1 with Cahill (Again injuries).

With 7 on the bench I think these 3 will get their chance anyway but I think we need 'absolute' minimum 3 outfield players and maybe a keeper.

moz-screenshot-1.jpg

is he having a medical for us? hope so
383085_2.gif

Translation of the whole article:
In 2 years, he has multiplied his worth by 10

The English representant Everton, knocked the door of G.Saray for Topal with a ‘full’ offer.

The young star that G.Saray bought from the Dardanel for 800 thousand Euro, saw in the transfer maket 8 million Euro. However, G.Saray is insisting until 13 million Euros according to the news of the daily Vatan Gazetesi; the TRANSFER period is a good period as far as G.Saray is concerned. While Star Football players like Kewell and Meira hav been transferred in acceptable money, the others young players of the team who are not expensive have offring with many zeros. After the EURO 2008, the fact that Arda and Servet have been plavec in the first plan has been seen as normal. But the last offering has come for Mehmet Topal. Moreover, it is not a little one. A few days ago, the club of Everton (England) knocked the door of G.Saray with an ‘official’ proposal.

THEY RAISED THE OFFERING

After the EURO 2008, Everton was the first to want Mehmet Topal and gave him an oral statement about the amount of money they will offer him: 5 milyon Euro; and a few days ago, they released a written ofering. This offering of 6 million Euros which went to the President Adnan Polat, then, after this one, the offering has raised orally to 8 million Euros and this has been corrected of 20% of the next transfer of Mehmet Topal. But, despite all these events, G.Saray has rejected the offer of Everton. Adnan Polat stated to the English club the conditions of sale of Mehmet Topal: “13 million Euros”

IN 2 YEARS TIME, HE HAS CLIMBED TO THE SUMMIT

After this wish of G.SARAY, Everton who is now waiting, the percentage of the acquiring of Mehmet Topal has been more difficult after this last meeting. But, what is interesting is the fact that Mehmet Topal, after wearing the strip of G.Saray, in 2 years, his worth has been multiplied by exactly 10. Canakkale, a team of 2nd league, take the transfer of Mehmet Topal from the Dardanel with 800 thousand Euros, now, he is nearly reaching the 8 million Euros. The side G.Saray thinks that the amount of money will raise much more higher numbers. This is the reason why they don’t want to sell Topal yet.

HIS UNLUCKY EXPERIENCE LINDEROTH

An other unlucky experience of TOPAL is the handicap of Linderoth, a team friend. The fact the Swedish player is handicapped and that he won’t wear a strip during the first eliminations of the Champion League has a natural consequence that the need for Mehmet Topal in the team has increased. While the bargains between Everton and G.Saray are continuing, Mehmet Topal does deserve being applaused for his calm attitude. Mehmet Topal who says: “It will happen as my club wants”, wins this way the hearts of the supporters of G.Saray.

Hi

I'm a Galatasaray fan. I've an idea about Mehmet Topal's transfer. We need a forward and you need a defensive midfielder. What do you say that, Mehmet Topal = 10 million euro + Ayegbeni Yakubu...

I'm a Galatasaray fan. I've an idea about Mehmet Topal's transfer. We need a forward and you need a defensive midfielder. What do you say that, Mehmet Topal = 10 million euro + Ayegbeni Yakubu...

astarafalah

Status
Not open for further replies.