Ukrainian/Russian league players available until june 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.

We can’t register any new players till next season so pointless
with their new clubs before April 7, and they will be allowed to join “even if the registration period is closed at the association of the club with which they conclude a new contract”.

Not surr if premier league may allow extra registrations on top of 25 man squad? Possible i suppose

with their new clubs before April 7, and they will be allowed to join “even if the registration period is closed at the association of the club with which they conclude a new contract”.

Not surr if premier league may allow extra registrations on top of 25 man squad? Possible i suppose
Not a chance, surely.

Imagine the uproar if a Brazilian coming in affects the top of the league? Premier league won’t have that.

Depends which club/s wants to sign them I imagine.

If there is any advantage to be had then we should make use of it, we are absolutely desperate!

Maybe UEFA should just pay them their due wages until the end of the season and then find them new clubs.

Would suit everyone so much better

Gbamin was named in our 25 man squad after the January transfer window according to this: https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.co...022-transfer-window-davies-surgery-sigurdsson

He then moved to Moscow on 21st February. Gbamin will be one of the foreign players that will be allowed to cancel his contract in Russia, but he is no longer a member of our 25 man squad, and we therefore have the ability to add at least one more player to the squad from this cohort of players that can cancel their contracts in Russia.

If the PL / FIFA allow clubs to make additions to their 25 man squads, then clubs (including Everton) can add a maximum of two from this cohort of players. If the PL don't allow this, then we will have an advantage over the other Prem teams because we have removed Gbamin from our 25 man squad and therefore have a space available, something that most other Prem clubs will presumably not have.

I think we need to take advantage of this.

Wilmar Barrios from zenit looks like the best option. He's a player we were after once before and can play centre back or cdm. Can't really find too many others in both leagues who would improve us. I would be onto his agent right now if I was Frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.