Ukraine invasion and the sanction of Oligarchs

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Uyghur genocide is the characterization of the series of ongoing human rights abuses committed by the government of China against Uyghurs and other ethnic and religious minorities in Xinjiang as genocide. Since 2014, the Chinese government, under the administration of Chinese Communist Party (CCP) General Secretary Xi Jinping, has pursued policies that incarcerated more than an estimated one million Turkic Muslims in internment camps without any legal process.[3][4][5] This is the largest-scale detention of ethnic and religious minorities since World War II.[6][7] Thousands of mosques have been destroyed or damaged, and hundreds of thousands of children have been forcibly separated from their parents and sent to boarding schools.[8][9]

Government policies have included the arbitrary detention of Uyghurs in state-sponsored internment camps,[10][11] forced labor,[12][13] suppression of Uyghur religious practices,[14] political indoctrination,[15] severe ill-treatment,[16] forced sterilization,[17] forced contraception,[18][19] and forced abortion.[20][21] Chinese government statistics reported that from 2015 to 2018, birth rates in the mostly Uyghur regions of Hotan and Kashgar fell by more than 60%.[17] In the same period, the birth rate of the whole country decreased by 9.69%.[22] Chinese authorities acknowledged that birth rates dropped by almost a third in 2018 in Xinjiang, but denied reports of forced sterilization and genocide.[23] Birth rates in Xinjiang fell a further 24% in 2019, compared to a nationwide decrease of 4.2%.[17]

At first, these actions were described as the forced assimilation of Xinjiang, and an ethnocide or cultural genocide.[24][25] As more details emerged, some governments, activists, NGOs, human rights experts, and academics termed it genocide, pointing to intentional acts committed by the Chinese government that they say run afoul of Article II of the Genocide Convention.[26][27][28] The Chinese government publicly denies that it has committed human rights abuses in Xinjiang.[6][29]

What's the source for that, wikipedia?

The question I asked, was where have China admitted to being racist, as indicted?

We as a fanbase have to side with our sponsors. USM didn't invade Ukraine. WTF are people on here taking the side of those that are sanctioning them and hurting this football club in the process?!

Siding with our own ruling class as well.

I got told mentioning British Crimes in Ireland was whataboutism earlier as well. The Irish famine as whataboutism. You honestly couldn't write it mate.

We are talking about Oligarchs who were basically given state assets by Putin.

Well they werent "given" assets by Putin. That's just ahistorical.

Do you know what privatisation means? And which country, above all others championed that approach (clue they have been mentioned today by at least 1 of us). A starter for 10 so to speak.

It did seem a very odd statement to me, hence why I challenged it.
China are not exactly innocent, but FFS there isn;t a major country on this planet that have a clean pair of hands...historically this country of ours has murdered, placed into slavery, brutalised and exploited a greater proportion of the global population than China has.

Anyone wanting to cast the first stone need to be reminded of that.

USM are our sponsors. They provide finance for us. They've not invaded anywhere...and yet we have some Everton fans trying to deny their own club a future in the game.

Will they be so self 'kin righteous if that stadium is halted? I bet they wont. They'll be cry-arseing about it.

China are not exactly innocent, but FFS there isn;t a major country on this planet that have a clean pair of hands...historically this country of ours has murdered, placed into slavery, brutalised and exploited a greater proportion of the global population than China has.

Anyone wanting to cast the first stone need to be reminded of that.

USM are our sponsors. They provide finance for us. They've not invaded anywhere...and yet we have some Everton fans trying to deny their own club a future in the game.

Will they be so self 'kin righteous if that stadium is halted? I bet they wont. They'll be cry-arseing about it.

China are not innocent, but let's not make out Chinas record of invasions is anywhere near what America's is. Some perspective and nuance is required in this.

And yes you are right on sponsors. I mean, if we never accept sponsorship from any company who doesnt exist in a country that has started a war, we are going to have a very small pool to choose from.

I'm not even against that either, but it should be the same rules for everyone.

Its honestly madness some of the suggestions today.

Let's punish USM lads....

OIP.OB3JzOAjtZPu4CeMFaEqZAHaEK

The only odd statements on here are coming from your keyboard at the moment mate.

To a point yes. I have quite a contrarian view on foreign policy in relation to most British people, which I am happy to accept. However I'm not sure China has ever admitted to being racist, or is the most racist country in the world.

I mean in this country, we have a policy that we turn back boats with refugees in essentially based on their race. I'm unaware of such a policy from China.

Status
Not open for further replies.